PDA

View Full Version : Abba tribute band perform for Putin

JohnCenaFan28
02-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin has been unmasked as a secret Abba fan.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1476091.jpg

Tribute band Bjorn Again have revealed they were summoned to Russia to give a private concert, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Mr Putin reportedly belted out the lyrics to Honey Honey and jigged with Kremlin officials to Super Trouper, as Kalashnikov-wielding guards patrolled the building.

Bjorn Again's founder, Rod Stephens, revealed: "I got a phone call before Christmas. The voice on the end of the phone said, 'Kremlin... Russia... Moscow... we want your band'.

"I could tell that he was translating someone else's words. I thought it was someone in the band winding me up and told them to send me an email."

The four band members and their crew flew to Moscow, where they were taken on a nine hour coach journey to the resort of Lake Valdai.

Jennifer Robb, who performs as Anni-Frid, said: "The room where we performed had a stage with three sofas in front of it. That was it. Two of the sofas had white net curtains in front of them.

"The prime minister was sitting behind one of the curtains with a woman who was wearing a long, cream dress. She had short, fair hair. The prime minister was wearing a tuxedo and bow tie. The others were all men and wearing tuxedos too.

"The prime minister didn't stand but he and his wife, or whoever it was, were jigging about on the sofa and singing the words to Honey Honey.

"All his officials were singing away and doing a finger-pointing dance. They really got into it, even though there were only nine of them. At the end, the prime minister shouted 'bravo, bravo' and gave us great applause."

-Nova

DUKE NUKEM
02-06-2009, 06:21 PM
thanks for the post Eel