PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama to appear on Vogue cover

OMEN
02-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Michelle Obama will appear on the cover of the March issue of Vogue magazine.

The first lady is only the second president's wife to appear on the fashion bible's cover, the first was Hilary Clinton in 1998.

She was photographed by esteemed photographer Annie Leibovitz in the Hay-Adams hotel, where the Obamas stayed before the inauguration.

In the March issue of the magazine Obama is photographed wearing a magenta dress by Jason Wu and a black dress by Narciso Rodriguez, according to the Washington Post.

The Post reports that Obama talks about her plans for being the first lady in the Vogue interview, saying: "I'm going to try to take (our two daughters) to school every morning - as much as I can. But there's also a measure of independence. And obviously there will be times I won't be able to drop them off at all. I like to be a presence in my kid's school. I want to know the teacher; I want to know the other parents."

Anna Wintour, the Vogue editor, wrote about why they chose to feature Obama on the cover: "Change was the clarion call of Barack Obama's election campaign, though I don't think any of us at Vogue initially realized that would include the difference that was going to be made by First Lady Michelle Obama's wardrobe ... It's inspiring to see our first lady so serene and secure in her personal style."

RTE

JohnCenaFan28
02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the read.