PDA

View Full Version : Landlord Calls Time On Swearing

Black Widow
02-13-2009, 08:02 PM
A hotelier in Scotland has called time on potty-mouthed punters at his Banffshire bar by banning swearing.

Ian Milne, the landlord at the Royal Hotel in Keith, took the decision to protect his customers from curse-word-laden conversations.

The former oil industry diver said he had worked all over the world and run hotels across the country but had never encountered such foul-mouthed patrons.

He was particularly shocked by one customer who used the F-word 16 times in a minute.

"The level of swearing I have encountered here is to my mind totally unacceptable," the 56-year-old said.

To avoid similar outbursts, Mr Milne has placed a sign outside the hotel stating: "Royal Hotel has a no-swearing policy. If you have to swear do not come in."

As a result, swearing has been "reduced to zero" at the hotel.

And the landlord is not afraid to get tough with those who flout the new rule.

He will begin by asking the culprit to stop swearing and then refuse to serve them if they continue.

Those who continued to bandy about curse words would be reported to the police and banned from the bar.

"I am not asking for something wildly ridiculous," Mr Milne explained.

"I just want a place where people can come and not have to put up with the swearing and the aggressive atmosphere that comes with it."

sky news

DUKE NUKEM
02-14-2009, 08:38 AM
thanks for the post Ryan

JohnCenaFan28
02-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Interesting read, thanks.