PDA

View Full Version : Teen thief picks on wrong pensioner

JohnCenaFan28
02-14-2009, 04:53 PM
A thief picked on the wrong victim when she tried to run off with the handbag of a former championship sprinter.

The schoolgirl was surprised to discover her victim still had a turn of pace - at the age of 72.

Jean Hirst had allowed three teenage girls into her car to help with directions after getting lost in Long Eaton, Derbyshire.

As a 17-year-old, she was a county 100 yards champion and qualified for the final of the All England Schools Championship.

And she was straight out of the starting blocks again when one of the girls tried to make off with her bag.

Mrs Hirst, from Mansfield, said: "Suddenly I felt 18 again. The adrenaline just kicked in and I seemed to turn back the years.

"She had a head start but I covered 70 yards in about 15 seconds and was within two strides of her when she looked over her shoulder and saw me.

"She probably thought I was an easy target but she shouldn't have judged a book by its cover. The look on her face was one of sheer amazement and she just threw my bag aside."

Mrs Hirst stopped and picked up the bag which she said contained her "whole life", including purse, keys and address book.

-Nova

DUKE NUKEM
02-14-2009, 06:58 PM
wow thanks for this Eel