PDA

View Full Version : ‘Dixie’s not Vince - that’s a good thing’

Black Widow
02-14-2009, 07:32 PM
THERE are few people in wrestling who know the business as well as hardcore legend Mick Foley.

He’s worked for every major company – WWE, WCW, ECW and now TNA – headlined some of the biggest events in history and written best-selling books about his life as a grappler.

And making his second appearance on the multi-award winning WrestleCast, Mick gives us an insight as only he can.

Foley chats about his jump from WWE to TNA and why he’s not bothered if it costs him a place in the hallowed Hall Of Fame.

He also tells us how real wrestlers feel about Mickey Rourke’s Bafta-winning film, picks the stars of the future and jokes about his new fitness regime.

You can hear the full half hour interview by clicking on one of the links below:

Click here to get the latest WrestleCast via iTunes, as well as all previous and future interviews (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=163792140)

Click here to play the interview on your computer (http://del.interoute.com/?id=129d7b0d-6fb0-4bf1-b40b-5ebc628dc3ef&delivery=stream)

We'd strongly recommend downloading the whole chat to hear Mick in his own words, but if you can't wait the best bits are below.

On his first wrestling match back for TNA: “I learned the lesson that if you’re going to forget one thing it shouldn’t be: ‘Hey, there’s two guys crashing through a table – you might not want to have your leg there.’

“I thought I broke my leg. I could barely walk, but thankfully the swelling has gone down.”

On TNA and The Wrestler: “We were sitting there in the dressing room last night and we’ve all got The Wrestler fever.

“I wonder if these guys working the indies in the North East part of the US, scratching by and hoping to live out a dream, have any idea that the guys in TNA are in the dressing room quoting them?

“We’re all saying: ‘Don’t work the leg, everybody works the leg!’”

On WWE and The Wrestler: “I was asked whether I thought Vince McMahon would like the movie and I said: ‘Personally I don’t think he’ll like it, as he doesn’t like to shine a spotlight on some of the troubles the guys go through.’

“Mickey Rourke called me and the first thing he said was: ‘Screw Vince McMahon!’

On leaving WWE for TNA: “Dixie is definitely not Vince – and that’s a good thing.

“Once I got involved with TNA, it was something I really wanted to become a bigger part of.

“Dixie actually let me make an investment in the company, which was a good thing.”

On possibly costing himself a WWE Hall Of Fame place: “It’s weird how much talk the Hall Of Fame gets and it’s definitely something people consider.

“You have to keep in mind that there are guys like Baron Mikel Scicluna, Johnny Rodz, The Fridge and Pete Rose in there – but Bruno Sammartino is not in there.

“Between Bruno and Bob Backlund, they held the old WWWF title for about 13 years and neither one is in.

“I’m not going to let Vince determine whether or not my career is a good one by whether or not I’m inducted.

“Still it would be nice to be asked one day – but I’m not counting on it and in no way would that greatly shape my memories.”

The Sun

DUKE NUKEM
02-14-2009, 07:35 PM
thanks for the read Ryan

JohnCenaFan28
02-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks for posting.