PDA

View Full Version : Sitcom Producer Blasts Mick Foley

Black Widow
02-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Robert Sullivan, who worked on the sitcom deal that Mick Foley recently backed out on, posted a blog where he discusses his displeasure about Foley and his on again, off again involvement. You can read the full blog here. The following is a portion of the blog:

"People! It was HIS baby!! It wasn't a case of writing a script, then getting an LOI from a random actor to fill a role. It was LITERALLY based on HIS life. He was the only unreplaceable element in the whole process and it hinged on his involvement and participation. Yet he couldn't be bothered to deal with it. Nor could he be bothered to do the decent and professional thing and simply bow out before wasting everyone's time and money. He was out doing podcasts hosted by 12 year old kids with wrestling web sites saying things like "Well, I'd sorta like to have a TV show but first the producers have to sell it. What if Barack Obama had said something stupid like that? "Well, sure, I guess I'd kinda like to be President...but only if you guys can set it up to get me in the White House." Was an insult to every actor or performer of any kind who ever busted his or her ass for an opportunity. Was the first indicator that the Mick Foley I admired from 15, 20 years ago was long gone. You don't initiate a project, get everybody working hard on it at their own expense, then call a few days after you start working on another show and say "Gee golly gosh, Vince won't let me do it." That we let him back in AFTER he fucked us the first time is probably pretty telling as well. We let him "work" us. We got what we deserved. As for him "choosing" TNA Entertainment over us or that TNA sabotaged the project, trust me, you're barking up the wrong tree. Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter were nothing but professional and supportive of our efforts and I can't say enough good things about them. If the show had continued with Mick, we were looking forward to working with TNA. Hell, Scott D'Amore was one of our producers and he maintains a tremendous working relationship with them. So again, erase that scenario from your minds. Point blank: Mick's last non-wrestling gig was a ONE SECOND, uncredited cameo on Fox's "Kitchen Nightmares," where he played second fiddle to Dee Snider. This guy couldn't be bothered to come to a meeting at (insert major broadcast network) to read with (insert name actress wanting to play his wife) because he was busy with his one-day-a-week wrestling schedule? And he couldn't be bothered to pick up a phone and tell the people who were trying to sell HIS show to a largely unresponsive Hollywood community that he had so little confidence in it (and apparently himself) that he didn't wanna continue?"

ewrestlingnews.com

JohnCenaFan28
02-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks for this.

DUKE NUKEM
02-17-2009, 08:20 AM
thanks for the post Ryan