PDA

View Full Version : Brown sorry over assault arrest

JohnCenaFan28
02-17-2009, 01:15 AM
Chris Brown is "sorry and saddened" by his arrest on suspicion of attacking a woman and is seeking counselling, he has said in a statement.

The 19-year-old R&B star said he was being counselled by his pastor and his family and was "committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person".

He was released on bail in Los Angeles last weekend and, along with girlfriend Rihanna, withdrew from the Grammys.

Brown said internet posts since, supposedly from him, were "frauds".

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," he said in the statement.

'Unfortunate stumble'

Brown emerged from questioning an hour after the Grammy's ceremony, on Sunday 8 February, had finished.

Police say the singer and an unidentified woman got into an argument in a parked car in the Hancock Park area of Los Angeles, which escalated as the pair got out of the car.

Brown and Rihanna, both nominated and due to perform at the ceremony, had been at a party together the night before the Grammys.

In his statement, Brown also responded to allegations that he had changed his relationship status on social networking website Facebook to single and had posted the comment: "You'll begin to see her true colours - believe it."

The statement said: "Until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else.

"Those posts or writings under my name are frauds."

Brown's father, Clinton Brown, said in an interview published on People magazine's website on Friday that his son was "remorseful".

"This is unfortunate, this stumble, this situation," he said. "Hopefully, he will get past it. We all have our shortcomings. We all trip."

Last week, Rihanna's publicist refused to confirm or deny reports that the singer was involved in the incident, but released a statement that said: "Rihanna is well. Thank you for concern and support."

-BBC News

DUKE NUKEM
02-22-2009, 02:53 AM
what a jerk, thanks for the read Eel