View Full Version : Hulk Hogan-wrestlemania 25 Update

Black Widow
02-18-2009, 05:26 PM
by Dave Scherer @ 2009-02-18 11:02:57

I got the following email last night.

"I'm a member of a wrestling discussion forum and a few members keep posting things from other sites, saying they heard that WWE was trying to get Hogan to come to Mania to face Cena. The kicker is that these sites are citing you guys as a source. Now I read the site several times a day and I'm pretty certain I didn't see you guys post anything of the sort. Is there any truth to this rumor at all, or are these people just making this up and dirtying you guys' good name again?"

First off, no we didn't report anything concerning Hulk Hogan coming in to work at WrestleMania. Here is what we do know.

The word making the rounds at the No Way Out PPV on Sunday was that either Vince McMahon had reached out to Hogan, or vice versa, about the possibility of doing a match at WrestleMania. As the story went on Sunday, if the match came off it would be against John Cena. As the night went on, and Cena lost his title, we became unsure as to what to do with the story, so we didn't do anything.

On Monday, WWE clearly started the Cena-Edge program at Raw, seemingly knocking him out of the picture for any match against Hogan. At that point, sources told me that the rumor around the locker room turned to Hogan possibly taking on Chris Jericho as part of the legends-Mickey Rourke storyline. Again, at this point that is all we know. Any time Hogan is involved, you have to take everything you hear with a grain of salt. We do know for a fact that he has been lobbying to get on the show. The big question is whether Vince McMahon would want to do business with him again given the fact that Hogan has complained about WWE PPV payoffs in the past.

PWI

JohnCenaFan28
02-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks for this.