PDA

View Full Version : Full Interview: The Meastro

JohnCenaFan28
03-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Former WCW Superstar, The Stro (The Meastro), who worked for WCW for several years, recently took some time out of his scheduled to speak with PWM. He spoke on several topics from how he started his career in WCW, working with Chris Benoit & Sting, politics in WCW, drugs in wrestling, Ric Flair and much more. Below is the complete interview:

Andy Steven: Hello Stro, thank you for taking this time out of your scheduled to take part in an interview for PWM. How did you start out with WCW and what are your memories from working there?

The Stro: Thank you! My time with WCW was one of if not the best of my career. My overseas run along with my time with the USWA was very influential in meeting the higher ups in WCW at the time. Wrestling and working with arguably the best wrestling talent in the world was a real treat and a time in my career I will always cherish and appreciate.

Andy Steven: Tell us a bit about your relation to “Gorgeous George” Wagner?

The Stro: Actually I didn’t know of my relation to the wrestling legend until later on in my career. William Regal and Dusty Rhodes told me earlier in my career that my wrestling style favored Gorgeous George. It was later on that my grandfather told me of my relationship to the original and that they were boxing buddies before he broke into the wrestling business.

Andy Steven: You had your first WWE tryout with Chris Benoit, tell us a little bit about your experience with WWE and what happened?

The Stro: We both tried out for the WWE in the mid-90's. But neither of us were taken in the company at the time. Ironically we both ended up in WCW years later.

Andy Steven: What are your memories and experiences from working with Chris Benoit?

The Stro: A true professional in every sense of the word in and out of the ring.

Andy Steven: What did you think of your time in WCW and how political was it?

The Stro: Despite the disarray with organization in management, it was one of the best times of my career wrestling and working with the best in the world at the time.

Andy Steven: How was the locker room environment in WCW?

The Stro: Great legends along with the best wrestling talent from across the globe. Just too many chiefs going in separate directions.

Andy Steven: What are your memories on working with popular wrestling minds such as Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo and Jim Cornette?

The Stro: Jim Cornette was a big influence on my earlier career during my run with Smoky Mountain Wrestling. Eric Bischoff was the guy who brought me in and got me started with WCW. Vince Russo I met during the latter stages of the company.

Andy Steven: Do you have any funny stories from you time in WCW?

The Stro: Terry Funk using a chicken in his promo at Superbrawl 2000 PPV before his match with Ric Flair was quite amusing.

Andy Steven: Were there any promises made to you in WCW? What were some of the plans for your character in WCW that didn’t get used?

The Stro: Several actually. One with Flair for example that I was really looking forward to along with Sting, and a few others. Merchandising was another. Believe I got a spot on a WCW Backstage Assault game. I was promised a lot more though. But like a lot of things, just got mysteriously forgotten. But it is what it is.

Andy Steven: You decided to leave WCW after your contract expired in 2000. What was the reason for your departure?

The Stro: My three year contract was up and with the company's decline and I just simply let it run its course.

Andy Steven: What are you thoughts on drugs backstage and the abuse of drugs?

The Stro: Will say that the drug testing today is a lot more strict. Something I have always pride myself on is that I have always trained naturally. Longevity should be the key in anything as well as life.

Andy Steven: What are your thoughts on working with the likes of Sting, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Scott Hall, “Macho Man" Randy Savage, Jake "the Snake" Roberts and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan?

The Stro: Sting was the first wrestler I faced in WCW in the 90's. Awesome charisma and a great athlete. Jerry Lawler and I have had some great matches in the mid 90's with the USWA. Scott Hall and I had a great tag team match with Sid Vicious and Jerry Lawler during that time as well. Scott Hall was a great guy and wished we could have done more together during my run with WCW. Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan went to bat for me signing a deal with WCW. Thought that Randy and I could have had a good match together there as well. Jake Roberts is a master psychologist, wrestling legend, and a great friend. He taught me a lot about the business and I will always be grateful. Jim Duggan is a great wrestling legend. It has been a pleasure to wrestle and work with him over the years.

Andy Steven: What has been the highlight of your career?

The Stro: My run with the different territories, my time with WCW, and currently with NWA-MSW and other independent promotions across the U.S. and overseas.

Andy Steven: Thank you very much once again for taking this time to take part in this interview for PWM, I wish you the best of luck in the future and do you have any messages to say to your fans?

The Stro: Thank you and thank you to everyone who has supported me and professional wrestling. God bless you all!

Source: PWM

DUKE NUKEM
03-05-2009, 08:22 AM
thanks for the read Eel