PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Talks Football

JohnCenaFan28
03-04-2009, 09:14 PM
West Newbury hunk-gone-Hollywood John Cena isn’t wrestling with the Patriots [team stats] trade of quarterback Matt Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs.

“I think it’s a great move,” said the WWE superstar and star of “12 Rounds,” a flick coming out later this month. “I don’t know necessarily how proven Matt Cassel is. I think everybody’s complaining that maybe that talent is worth more than a second round pick.

“But the focus was to clear some salary cap room if they make a big trade and hopefully get some guys we need,” he told the Track. “I think people are quick to forget that the Patriots still have Tom Brady [stats]. He’s a pretty good quarterback.”

This from a man who has taken some nasty blows to the head!

Cena, however, warns that if Brady loses his mojo next year, his new wife will be blamed. You mean, Jinxele, John?

“Apparently he’s got a good gal,” Cena said. “He’s a good quarterback and if he starts being a bad quarterback, then the finger is going to get pointed at her, obviously. But I don’t think his ability will go to hell over that.”

(Knock wood here.)

Cena, however, doesn’t think he’ll lose his stuff when he marries his West Newbury High School sweetheart in July here in Boston.

“July’s coming up pretty quick,” Mr. WWE said with an ear-to-ear smile on his face.

As for acting, his other career, he says it comes naturally to him.

In his new action flick, Cena plays a tough cop who collars a thief on his way to pull off a multimillion-dollar heist. But when the thief’s moll is accidentally killed on his watch, the thief comes back to haunt the cop and threatens the life of his fiancee.

“It was actually pretty easy. The hard part was just doing all the action,” Cena told the Track.

The tough guy did have some cracks in his armor when performing stunts.

“I have an undying fear of heights and ledges, so rapelling off a 10-story building was tough. It was a tough two days.”

Cena doesn’t think acting is that much different from his wrestling gig.

“You do the best you can to make your character the best you feel you can. There’s no right or wrong. So, you’re essentially always learning and everything’s a challenge.”

Source: BostonHerald