PDA

View Full Version : Man wins £400k bachelor pad in raffle

JohnCenaFan28
03-11-2009, 01:39 AM
A man still living with his parents at the age of 37 has won a £400,000 luxury bachelor pad in a raffle.

IT project manager Stephen Lakey decided on a whim to enter the raffle and bought two tickets at £50 each, reports the Daily Mail.

Mr Lakey, an only child, was living with his parents in their flat in Abbots Langley near Watford, where he had lived his whole life.

But he's now the owner of a one-bedroom flat in Whitechapel, East London, equipped with a steam room, Jacuzzi and Italian designer kitchen.

Mr Lakey, who will pick up the keys to his property next month, said: "I'm still trying to take it all in. It's life changing.

"I can't wait to move to the city - it's the first time I will have lived away from home. It's an absolute dream. I've always wanted to buy my own property but never thought it would happen."

Mr Lakey entered the competition WinALondonPad.com, run by developers MIA in conjunction with Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity, after seeing an advert in a newspaper.

The bachelor was having a quiet post-work drink with friends in Oxford Circus when he received a call on his mobile telling him he was the winner.

"I'm going to live in it for at least a couple of years and then I might sell it with the Olympics coming up. I've been getting a lot of advice on it. It's the best £100 I ever spent," he said.

-Nova