PDA

View Full Version : Chat Recap with Devon Dudley

BDK
06-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Chat With Devon from his website as conducted through the admin Angel.

Angel was on the phone with D-Von during the chat so she is posting his answers.

<ALEX_777> What are your thoughts on the "new" ECW? And what are your thoughts on DX? And is there any chance of you getting in good terms with wwe?
<Angel^^^> im not a big fan of the ecw product becuase its a watered down version of the show and its not an ecw that i was once in its basicly a wwe vision of what ecw is. i wish them more of the best, but of the same token, i know its not the same company that i used to work for at one point in time
<Angel^^^> dx - i agree with bubba when he said that you cant breathe life into something that is already dead
<Angel^^^> wwe - we left on good terms with wwe. the only one i have a problem with is johney h. and even now i hold no hard felings for johny h. what was done was done because of him and at one point in time i was bitter but i am no longer bitter about it. they say that one day we will be able to do business in the near future. and one day we will most likely be back with them before our carrers are over.
Angel^^^ sets mode: -v ALEX_777
Angel^^^ sets mode: +v Harbinger
<Harbinger> Hey Devon, sup? THere are rumors going around that TNA is trying to get the rights to use the Dudley name, can you confirm or deny these rumors? Also, Tell Mark the ankle healed just fine, thanks for the get well card. :)
<Angel^^^> rumors - have not heard that. at this point i really dont think it matters. when we are on tv people know who we are. you could call us jack and jill (of course bubba being jill) and they would still know who we are. it doesnt matter when you see us, we are the dudleys, we always will be the dudleys. i havnt heard anything about htat, it is news to me, but if they want to fight it then so be it we are behind them
Angel^^^ sets mode: -v Harbinger
Angel^^^ sets mode: +v Brian_239
<Brian_239> What do think of Vince just using the name of ecw as another brand instead of its own promotion is it damaging the legacy of ECW?Does it amaze you that you and Bubba Ray have been be able to be a such a Great tag team for so many years and with so many different promotions?
<Angel^^^> yes, i do think that it is damageing. becuase its not what ecw was. you know in terms, well you know what, no, im going to say no. those new fans that are watching ecw for the first time. they are going to have to go back to the old tapes to see what ecw was really all about. vince has the rights now to own ecw becuase he bought it so he can pretty much do whatever he wants to with it. but once again, those who knew ecw back the
<Angel^^^> we have done so much good for that company and left a legacy so big that no matter what they do on this new one, it wont damage it at all.
<Angel^^^> second question - no. becuase we are both on the same page. and i think that is what every successful tag team in this business needs to do. you k now, it doesnt work for a team when they are on 2 diffrent pages and um one wants to be a bigger star than the other, it just wont work. me and bubba, baiscly have been on the same page since day one and that is to be one of the greatest if not the best tag team that this business have
<Angel^^^> people like to put us in the same catagory as the warriors and some say we have passed them, but in my opionion they will always be number one and i will take a back seat to the road warriors any day of the week.
Angel^^^ sets mode: -v Brian_239
Angel^^^ sets mode: +v JMCS88
<JMCS88> Do you see yourself ever doing another TLC match, possibly in TNA, with teams such as The Naturals, AMW, or AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels? Also, are there any teams currently outside of TNA but not members of the Fed that you would like to have a match with, and could actually happen one day? One more thing, I love ECW but with this new ECW crap, when I think ECW, I think this new WWECW, and no longer really want to even watch th (the rest was cut off)
<Angel^^^> I think they need a bigger ring thats for sure. I think I have one left in me. My body is um, im not going to say its near the end, im 33 years old and when i talk to guys like austin and undertaker and guys who have been in alot longer, they tell me i am still a pup but i think with all the things ihave done like with ecw and all the damages i have done to the body and the wear and tear on the body i have to start slowing down a little bit, not too much but a little bit and being a litle easier on the body so i can give the fans what they want in terms of another tlc but i will say this, my fans have dream matches. well my biggest dreammatch right now but i will say this, my fans have dream matches. well my biggest dreammatch right now is to actually have a TLC match one more time one more for the road, a kind of send home so to speak, one more tlc with the hardies, christian and edge <Angel^^^> teams - I dont know any indy guys that well to make a statment about that. you know there is one team outside, but you have to go to japan to do it or bring them here to tna which is a possiblity and that is to go up agains the new japan tag team chapions chono and tensin(sp)
<JMCS88> cool
<Angel^^^> and to the last comment he said 'Testify'
<Kirby_706> Hey D-Von I'm just wondering if you still have that reverend outfit and if you do would you ever put it up on E-Bay. And have you ever visited a guy from louisinas fansite of you
Angel^^^ sets mode: +v Kney3D
<Angel^^^> acutally I think I still have it. and if you are looking to buy it, im trying to get on the busness side of wrestling now so we can talk figures :laughs:
<Angel^^^> site - not that I know of.
<Kney3D> Hey Devon,howzit going, Team 3D is the best tag team ever TESTIFY that brother, but1- If you had to choose other tag team partner who would that be ?2-Would you like to perform on this new ecw ?3- WHos is the best talent in tna for you,beside the "duddleys" ofcourse ?
<Angel^^^> 1 - Hogan
<Angel^^^> im still jealous that edge got the chance and I didnt
<Angel^^^> 3. thats easy, the dudlesy
<Angel^^^> no, im a big huge fan of bobby rude
<Angel^^^> i see bobby rude as a hell of a talent and i belive that with in the next 2 or 3 years he will be a major major competitor in this business.
<Screech> Yo Devon, TESTIFY!!!!. Heres my questions, What do you think of impact's timeslot on SpikeTV and do you think TNA will ever be competing on the same level with WWE.
<Angel^^^> timeslot - i think its umm it doesnt suck, i think its good. it leads in from the ufc but you know still, like a lot of viewers that could still be viewing in probably cant stay up, like kids you know to watch the product. but i think evntually we will get a better time slot than 11, but we are getting great ratings and hopefully will continue.
<Angel^^^> competeing - I belive so, but i dont think that is really what we are looking for. we want to be major contenders you k now, in this business but we are not looking to compete with them or against them, all we really want to do is to become a company that the fans can appreicate and that they can respect.
<Talkingtoast> 1. What do you think of the new ECW? 2. Who trained you to become a pro wrestler? 3. What federation did you first work for? 4. Do you enjoy working in TNA more then working in the WWE?
<Angel^^^> 1. i wish them nothing but the best. I dont like it but the best of luck to them. 2. his name is johnny rodz, he wrestled for vince sr. vince's dad. he was vince's stretch man back in the day. an excellent trainer. he trained me, tazz, tommy dreamer, damien and big dick dudley
<Angel^^^> 3. basicly it was ecw, i worked alot of indy promotions but basicly ecw
<Angel^^^> 4. yes. right now yes. umm becuase tna its a new company um its got a lot of great young stars and i defintly see alot of potental in this group. it reminds me of what ecw used to be
<TheWebIcon> You always here how undertaker is a lockeroom gen what are your thoughts on him and HHH. Is HHH as bad as everyone makes him out to be.
<Angel^^^> as far as the undertaker goes, the deadman is the general, he is one of the most well respected guys if not the most respected guy, he is always helping people and is generaly a nice guy. i would like to consider him as a very very good friend of mine. we have had a lot of talks together about diffrent things and even my rev. devon days about where that char should go. im very happy to say he is a friend of mine
<Angel^^^> as far as hhh goes, he is not as bad as every one makes him out to be. he is truely what ihe is, and he is the game. im not saying this cuz i want to get my job back or anything. me and hunter have always gotten alog and hunter has helped me out on numerous occasions i dont really listen to the nonsense that other people say about him. he has never treated me bad so i dont have one bad thing to say about him
<BDK> I want to say first off D-Von that u and Bubba are a great fit for TNA. My question is if Team 3D could face any team past or present who would it be?
<Angel^^^> The road warriors
<wwefan80> Hey Devon! Question 1) What was your reaction when Vince said you couldn't use the Dudley Boyz name anymore? 2)Besides members of the dudley boyz, who is the nicest and least nicest wrestler you have ever met?
<Angel^^^> 1. Shock. very shocked. and thats all i can say about that one.
<Angel^^^> 2. well alot of people will say i'm the nicest one out of all the dudleys. it seems like everyone loves Devon. I will defintly have to say um, man.. I would actually say Sign Guy Dudley. a lot of wwe fans may not know who he is but I'm sure ECW fans know.
<Angel^^^> and the person that in my opinion, and I think alot of people have said this about this person also, but the least nicest person I have ever met was Lex Luger.
<wwemaster> Hi Devon Just curious I read on Raven website and it says he was the one who made up the Dudley Boyz Name any truth to that? And 2 What happen with the Onita & Sandman Bomb Match in 1998 that was suppose to happen in ECW but never happen why?
<Angel^^^> 1. yes that is true
<Angel^^^> 2. Don't know anything about that match. I was there in 98 but I dont know anything about that
<BobVanDam> Have you ever had to wrestle anyone the stunk really bad or had too much weight on them and smuthered you in it? Also, would you like to see Steve Corino in TNA, or Lance Storm? One more, If maybe Jeff Hardy and Christian teamed up for a match or two against Team 3D, would it work? Crowd chants and points: BobVanDam, BobVanDam, BobVanDam!
<Angel^^^> 1. yes, canes glove. when he was in full mask his glove stunk
<Angel^^^> and he told me about it as well, he told me before the match, dont get too close to the glove becuase it stinks

There is more to the chant but I left after the last question from BobVanDam

Assassin™
06-30-2006, 04:38 AM
His name isn't "Devon Dudley"

BDK
06-30-2006, 04:50 AM
U know who I mean and besides on his website he calls himself D-Von!

Assassin™
06-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I do know what you mean. Any wrestling fan with half a brain would.

On that note, you should still be able to see the difference between his current official TNA moniker, "Brother Devon", what he called himself on his site, "D-Von", what used to be his name in WWF/E, "D-Von Dudley", and the term you used, "Devon Dudley". He hasn't had the word "Dudley" in his name for over a year now.