PDA

View Full Version : Media Molecule Teases Next Project

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
03-15-2009, 08:05 AM
The game may be all about user-generated content, but that doesn't mean Media Molecule is done working on Little Big Planet themselves. In a new interview with Gamasutra, co-founder Alex Evans revealed a few hints about what they have in store next for the franchise.

"I have no idea actually when we're going to make an announcement, but the whole team is full-on [working on] LBP, because there's so much stuff that we didn't get in the game and that we've learned from watching 3.5 months of user-made levels," Evans said. "Quite recently actually, we were bouncing ideas around... and then at a certain point, we're like, 'We're gonna just take a character, we're just gonna try this direction.' And I can't say what it is, but it's really f***ing cool."

Evans remained maddeningly vague about just what direction that is, but he explained it helped reenergize the crew. "I suddenly saw these people kind of going, 'Oh my god, far from being tired of LBP, I suddenly see this untapped potential,'" Evans said. "And in ways that hopefully will still be fresh so when it comes back, people won't be like, 'Yeah, they just exploited that thing, and it's really f***ing obvious that they would do that.' I think LBP is in their future, and hopefully in surprising ways."

Okay, so we know that it's a new direction, exploits untapped potential, it's some sort of a thing, and it's supposedly cool enough to compel copious profanity. Consider our curiosity officially piqued.

Source - 1UP