PDA

View Full Version : Carr takes to the airwaves

John
03-15-2009, 07:53 PM
The popular funnyman, who was shown on the losing team on Comic Relief's version of The Apprentice, will take over BBC Radio 2 every Saturday at 6pm.

Going Out With Alan Carr will see the pair invite listeners to call in to discuss their Saturday night plans.

Carr said: "I can't tell you how excited I am about my new radio show.

"Emma and I will be getting listeners in the mood for Saturday nights, whether they're going out and about or having a quiet night in with a ready meal and a cheap bottle of plonk.

"You've had the hairy cornflake - now you've got the fairy cornflake!"

Paul O'Grady will also be getting his own show in the re-vamped BBC Radio 2 schedule,

Paul O'Grady On The Wireless will air between 5 and 7pm on Sundays.

The show promises to celebrate what is great about Britain and its people, including a section called Thank You, where O'Grady invites listeners to tell him about the people who have done something to make their lives better.

There will be a monthly competition, Tea For Two On 2, where a listener can win tea with O'Grady and the team.

O'Grady said: "I am delighted to be joining Radio 2 having been a regular listener to the network for as long as I can remember.

"I've enjoyed doing my special shows for Radio 2 and I can't wait to get started."