PDA

View Full Version : Lohan & fonda pay tribute to richardson

OMEN
03-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Lindsay Lohan and Jane Fonda have led the tributes for tragic actress Natasha Richardson, who died after suffering serious head injuries in a skiing accident.

The Maid in Manhattan star, who was married to actor Liam Neeson, was taken to hospital in Montreal, Canada after the incident on the slopes of Mont Tremblant on Monday (16Mar09).

Neeson rushed to her bedside at the Hopital du Sacre-Coeur de Montreal as doctors battled to save her. He flew her to Lenox Hill Hospital in New York on Tuesday (17Mar09), where he was joined by the actress' mother Vanessa Redgrave and close friends and family.

She was removed from life support on Wednesday morning (18Mar09) and died hours later.

Now, Lohan, who played Richardson's daughter in the 1998 remake The Parent Trap, has revealed her fond memories of the loving Brit.

She says, "She was a wonderful woman and actress and treated me like I was her own.

"I didn't see much of her over.the years but I will miss her. My heart goes out to her family. This is a tragic loss."

Hollywood veteran Jane Fonda, who first met Richardson when her Julia co-star Redgrave brought her on-set of the 1977 movie, regrets she couldn't visit the actress because she was busy with performances of her Broadway play 33 Variations.

She says, "I first met her on the set of Julia. She was a little girl but already beautiful and graceful. It didn't surprise me that she became such a talented actor.

"I wanted to go to the Lenox Hill Hospital where I was told she had been taken to see if there was anything I could do for Vanessa (Redgrave), any comfort I could bring but today was a two-show day and as the curtain went up tonight I heard the tragic news. It is hard to even imagine what it must be like for her family. My heart is heavy."

Tiscali

DUKE NUKEM
03-21-2009, 08:55 AM
thats sad thanks for the post Omen

Feevyvierse
04-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Anyone know how old this forum is? As in what year it was started?