PDA

View Full Version : Not so tiny dancers

JohnCenaFan28
03-24-2009, 07:16 AM
A professional dance company made up of only overweight performers has been launched in China.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1487604.jpg

The Overweight Troupe, whose members weigh an average of nearly 20 stone, has just set out on its first national tour.

Troupe leader, Fei Fei, aka 'Chubby', says they now have 14 performers, including 10 girls and four boys, with the lightest being nearly 16st and the heaviest an amazing 35st.

"Our recruitment criterion is that your weight must be more than 100kg (15st 10lb)," she told the Henan Business Daily.

Fei Fei said she was born big, weighing 12lb 2oz, and by the time she was 11, her weight had reached more than 11st.

"I would rarely go outside because I could not bear people staring and laughing at me," she said.

She decided to set up the Overweight Troupe in Zhenzhou four months ago to make a living but also to feel part of society.

Members say they are all hugely enjoying performing - the most difficult part had been training for the stage which required them to master leg splits and flips in the air.

-Nova

DUKE NUKEM
03-25-2009, 01:21 AM
wow thanks for the post Eel