PDA

View Full Version : Woman hits hole-in-one with first ever swing

JohnCenaFan28
03-24-2009, 07:23 AM
A 62-year-old woman hit a hole-in-one in Florida - with her first ever swing on a golf course.

Norwegian Unni Haskell achieved the feat in St Petersburg, where she now lives, reports the St Petersburg Times.

"I didn't know it was that big of a deal,'' she said. "I thought all golfers do this.''

Mrs Haskell had taken two months of golf lessons before deciding she was ready to hit the course.

She teed up and took aim on the 100-yard first hole, swung as hard as she could and watched the ball avoid a bunker, bounce onto the green and roll into the hole.

Her lessons had been held on the driving range and putting green but she finally told her coach Rick Sopka she felt ready for her first round of golf on a course.

"We were going to do a putting lesson that day," Mr Sopka said. "She said, no, she wanted to play. She didn't even hit a range ball. No warm-up at all."

Mrs Haskell added "I swung the club and Rick said it looked really good. He said it might go in the hole. Then he goes nuts. I couldn't believe it. I had to get Rick to take me up to the hole to prove it.''

Mr Sopka added: "It kind of trundled up to the green and I'm like, 'Go in! Go in!' And then I go crazy, screaming and yelling. I give her a big hug. She didn't believe me.

"Then I said, 'Unni, here's the problem. There's nowhere to go from here but down'."

-Nova

DUKE NUKEM
03-25-2009, 12:27 AM
wow thats one luck shot thanks for the post Eel