PDA

View Full Version : Woman raises £10,000 to save pet dog

OMEN
04-04-2009, 03:48 PM
A Hampshire woman launched a Facebook campaign to help raise £10,000 to save the life of her beloved pet dog.
Sorrel Porteous, 34, of Sherfield-on-Loddon, near Basingstoke, was desperate to save her Great Dane, called Bear.

Vets told her he needed £10,000 worth of surgery and post-operative treatment after he collapsed on a walk, reports the Daily Mail.

Six-year-old Bear was diagnosed with a severely twisted spleen and a major heart problem that could have killed him.

Mrs Porteous, 34, who breeds horses for a living, put her stables up for sale and sold five of her prized horses to raise the cash.

And she launched a campaign on the social networking website, Facebook, to kick-start a fund to save Bear, and raised the money in just a few weeks.

Mrs Porteous said: "The response was full-on and we were inundated with phone calls.

"I felt absolutely devastated when he fell ill - he was my companion by my side wherever I went. I would have sold my house if I needed to."

Her husband, David, 40, added: "Bear is like a child to Sorrel. The two of them are inseparable and I sometimes think she loves the dog more than me."

Now, thanks to his dedicated owners, Bear is enjoying life once again and is well on the way to a full recovery.

Nova

scorpionf
04-05-2009, 11:40 AM
That's sweet, I am glad Bear is ok :)

DUKE NUKEM
04-06-2009, 07:24 AM
very nice story thanks Omen