PDA

View Full Version : Smell of a bill unpaid

OMEN
04-07-2009, 10:12 AM
A large pile of rubbish has been tipped onto a Christchurch driveway in a row over payment for a skip.

A skip hired by a Linwood resident was filled with rubbish in preparation for moving house.

A row over payment prompted skip-hire company All Waste to collect the skip on Saturday morning and pour its contents onto the driveway.

The rubbish, which attracted flies and gave off a bad odour yesterday, has neighbours concerned.

All Waste managing director Paul Unwin said he tipped the rubbish because he could not afford to carry the cost of its disposal without payment.

He said the tenant, who would only give her name as Kelly, had not paid him despite promises and phone calls.

"I have had a gutsful of it. I can't afford to wear the cost. If someone wants to pay for it, I will go back and clear it up," he said. "I just dropped it all out because I have had enough."

He said he called the tenant numerous times to warn her of his intentions and left messages on her cellphone.

The tenant was unaware the rubbish had been dumped in the driveway until she was contacted by The Press. She said she had paid the skip company $200 and only owed it

NZPA