PDA

View Full Version : Punk winning MITB

thesaintthing05
04-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I was completely disgusted seeing him win this. He is a midcard talent at best. He was a big flop as World Champion the first go round, and the WWE completely wasted the chance to give the briefcase to someone who deserved it, such as Christian, Shelton, or Kane.

Just imagine it: Kane lumbering around each week, with the briefcase, ready to strike. Or Christian, cashing it in at 'Mania. Or Shelton, giving instant credibility to the fledgeling ECW title.

Kage
04-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Punk was a "flop champion" because he was booked to lose almost every week. Was that his fault? I don't think so. I'll admit that his World title run was way to early and he wasn't ready to carry a brand, but he would've done better if creative had half an idea what to do with him. He has the potential to be a good World champion in the future. And besides Christian, your other choices to win MITB are ridiculous. Kane is past his prime and will never be World champion ever again. Shelton Benjamin has been being pushed and de-pushed for years, he has no mic skills whatsoever, and botches almost as much as Sabu. Even Christian, the most sane of your three choices, doesn't draw as well as he should.

JohnCenaFan28
04-09-2009, 02:22 AM
I hated Punk winning the title , I had hoped MVP would have won it.

thesaintthing05
04-09-2009, 04:40 AM
Maybe my picks to win MITB were ridiculous, but thats only because nobody of the eight superstars deserved to win it and run as the #1 contender. I think Shelton could be an ECW Champion. Mic skills? Look at Samoa Joe or Jack Swagger, they have been heavyweight champions with limited to no mic skills. And if you watch some of Punk's promos, he's not exactly the Rock or JBL.

Legacy™
04-09-2009, 04:43 AM
What the hell are they gonna do with Christian now..?

Dilph
04-09-2009, 06:33 AM
I personally hope Punk gets the title AND a heel turn. He makes a great heel.

JohnCenaFan28
04-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Punk's heel promos are amazing and he could probably do good face promos if WWE let him. I think Christian will probably get somewhere in the draft.

Black Widow
04-09-2009, 10:58 AM
imo the last time punk was MITB was to bring the title to raw from last years draft, i wont be suprised to see it happen this year

tommy
04-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I completely disagree. I was very excited for Punk winning, and I think he deserves this. Shelton sucks and botches moves every match he is in. Christian just returned after abandoning the company for 3 years. Kane had never recovered from losing his mask and has not drawn a fan since then.

Punk has vast potential. His last world championship run wasn't a flop. They refused to put him over anyone besides Snitsky and JBL, which will make any champion look weak. What was he supposed to do when they would tell him "you are champion, but you need to job to batista, let JBL have all the mic time, and then lose the belt without being in the match"? Whenever he was given a chance to talk, he was great on the mic, and his matches were very entertaining (except for some of the lame finishes). Ratings were consistently higher during his title run than they were for anyone's after him. If Punks reign is viewed as weak, then it'd be because he lost the belt and everyone assumed he would have an epic storyline to get revenge, but instead they booked him to just take the tag team belts and be done with it all after jobbing to Randy Orton.

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Although I wanted Christian to win it was only beacuse I didn't expect SM Punk to win. Punk winning is a great thing. Kane n Benjamin will never be champs and the way things are going I dont see Christian winning either :(

Back to Punk he was made to look like a weak, underdog Champion who could only beat JBL and Snitsky. He never got into a proper feud for the title and I was shocked when I saw that he never got a re-match after the Championship Scramble. That just showed how much little Creative had planeed for him. He got thrown around following that making him look all the more weak and prompting people to say that he was a weak Champion when he wasn't. I hope WWE use this better now and personally, I think they will simply becuase they would not have had him win the MITB if they weren't prepared. Give him the belt for a long time, turn him heel and you will have one helluva product. Mic skills dont matter to me but they matter to most people that is why him turning heel would be good because I have seen his heel promos from RoH and TA and he was very good.

tommy
04-09-2009, 08:51 PM
He did get a rematch, FYI. Punk vs Jericho in a cage match on raw for the title. Obviously, he lost...

Kage
04-09-2009, 10:26 PM
There's been a lot of talk about turning Punk heel and quite frankly I don't see that happening. When Punk was heel one of his favorite phrases was "I'm straightedge, so I'm better than you". Do you really think that in the PG era, Wwe would send that message to kids? That the straightedge guy is a total doosh? I don't think so. I'm not saying I agree with that at all, I'd actually love to see Punk as a heel again. I'm just saying Wwe won't turn him heel, and if they do it won't be the same heel we've seen in the past.

John
04-11-2009, 09:02 PM
I really do not mind Punk winning, but i feel MVP/Christian would be better Money In The Bank Holders. I think that Punk won't reach his full potential again this year and will end up looking worse than last year. MVP winning would have made sense seeing as he has been on a losing streak as of late and needed to get out of it and MITB would have been the perfect place. Oh well, Christian needed it to get off of ECW, but i really don't think putting punk as MITB Winner was such a good idea.

thesaintthing05
04-13-2009, 04:03 AM
Turning Punk heel would be extremely refreshing, as his character has become extremely stale over the last six months. I say have him beat Swagger for the ECW belt, then turn on the fans, then embark on a feud with Christian that will last throughout the summer.