PDA

View Full Version : Majid is fired on The Apprentice

OMEN
04-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Majid Nagra has become the latest contestant to be fired by Alan Sugar on BBC One's reality business series 'The Apprentice'.

The 28-year-old was a member of the losing team, Empire, whose multi-purpose fitness product sold a mere 500 units.
Rival team Ignite sold 10,180 of its 'Body Rocka' exercise device.

Nagra was summoned to the boardroom with team leader James McQuillan and Ben Clarke, who came up with the idea for the disastrous product.

Sugar said to the trio: "Don't you lot get it? You totally missed your target audience, you totally missed what the market wants. You came up with some lump of wood and you're sitting here wondering why you didn't get any orders. I know why you didn't get any orders. The whole thing sucks."

Following input from adviser Margaret Mountford, Sugar decided to fire Nagra because he was too laidback and did not contribute enough to the task.

Nagra said that Mountford had no basis for this assessment of him.

"When I play back the bits with me and Margaret and the discussions we had, there was no substance to it ... it was just us discussing ideas and stuff like that," he said.

When asked why Mountford had labelled him a "passenger", Nagra said: "I have no idea. Maybe she fancies James. Maybe if she fancied me she would have been distracted.

"Nick and Margaret don't really converse with us, they're just there to give feedback to Sir Alan. When I spoke to Margaret it was very minimal".

RTE

JohnCenaFan28
04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the news.