PDA

View Full Version : Man Discovers Ecstasy Tablets In Used Game Manual

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
04-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Let's be honest with ourselves and say that buying a used game is a bit of a roll of the dice. You never know if you're going to open up that case and find an unusable disc or, who knows, maybe even ecstasy tablets.

The latter was uncovered by Richard Thornhill, a father of two living in Gloucestershire, England. According to the Telegraph (via Kotaku), Thornhill purchased two used copies of Grand Theft Auto for his children, only to discover the tablets tucked away in the instruction manual.

"When I opened the box up, the cling film wrap fell out. I could not believe it," Thornhill said. "I have two children and my son plays Xbox all the time. He could easily have opened the box and found them. I dread to think what the consequences would have been if he had. He is only 12. He could have died."

Thornhill purchased the offending games at a Gamestation store in Cheltenham, which he urged to make stricter checks in the future, "It was a pre-used game, but that should not make a difference. My wife is beside herself over this because she keeps thinking about what could have happened and so do I."

Gamestation replied with a statement saying, "We have rigorous procedures for accepting pre-owned titles and checking them before they are put back on sale. We have launched an immediate investigation and we will work closely with police to find out what happened in this instance."

Certainly one of the more unique things to ever drop out of a used video game. Have you ever purchased a used game only to discover something bizarre in the box?--

1UP

John
04-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks alot, Tom.