PDA

View Full Version : Cena rocked by Dwayne blast

Black Widow
04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
THE ROCK has hit back at John Cena, describing the WWE’s world heavyweight champion as "borderline laughable".

Cena made headlines around the world last year when, in an exclusive interview with The Sun, he criticised Rocky for turning his back on the wrestling business he once professed to love.

And now, in another SunSport world first, The Rock has answered those criticisms as only he can.

He told us: "John’s perspective is very interesting to me.

"It's borderline laughable.

"But can I just say that I wish him the best of luck with his movie career and everything else he does."

The movie star, who now goes under his rather less glamorous real name of Dwayne Johnson, says he’ll "probably" never wrestle again.

He spoke at the WWE’s Hall Of Fame ceremony last year, but was unable to attend this year’s event or WrestleMania 25 due to film commitments.

Rock told us: "I don't mind missing it – I was out promoting a movie.

"I was very happy about Steve Austin being inducted into the Hall Of Fame. Steve and I are good friends.

"Last year I had the chance to induct my grandfather and my dad and it was a true honour.

"In that world of professional wrestling, WrestleMania is a very special time for the wrestlers and the Hall Of Fame is very special for the former wrestlers."

Cena’s original comments caused controversy and debate everywhere from the WWE locker-room to the pages of some of America’s leading newspapers.

He told our WrestleCast series: "What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life.

"Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life.

"So explain to me why he can’t come back for Raw’s 15th anniversary show or why he can’t make an appearance at WrestleMania.

"I wish he’d just show up, say 'hi' and leave. Do the eyebrow once and get out of town.

"Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that, because he’s truly found another passion. He’s good at acting. His films make money.

"Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it.

"Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this.

"That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off.

"Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

In a follow-up chat with The Sun a few months later, John praised The Rock as a person and an actor but added: "All of us work so hard to make the show as good as it can be.

"So it’s hard when people give the impression of 'this is the greatest gig in the world' and then jump ship to movies.

"Now I have every interviewer asking me when I’m leaving WWE for films.

"And the answer is I’m never doing that, because I love wrestling more than I do movies.

"It’s guys like that who set the precedent of using wrestling as a stepping stone to do films.

"But there’s no controversy to any of that – as Rock is a successful actor and that’s what he has always wanted to be."

The Sun

JohnCenaFan28
04-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the read.