PDA

View Full Version : Adobe helps out unemployed developers

John
04-11-2009, 05:32 PM
The firm has announced it is offering its Flex Builder 3 Professional software free of charge to developers who have been hit by the current economic conditions and are currently out of work.

To receive the product under this program, you must attest to the fact that you are currently unemployed and that the software will be used only for your personal use not for any production or commercial purposes, said a statement on the Adobe site.

To qualify, developers must agree that they are not currently employed or being paid to develop software applications or web pages, and that they will use the software only to to learn about Adobe Flex and improve [their] skills.

Developers must also agree with the following statement: My license to use Flex Builder 3 under this program will not be used for production or commercial purposes, nor will it be transferred to any other person or entity, including to my employer should I become employed.

Adobe already provides free access to Flex Builder for students and educators, but has obviously seen the commercial incentive for encouraging developers to try out the framework. According to some reports, demand for Flex developers is high.

Flex applications can be built using the free Flex Software Development Kit, but Flex 3 which retails at about £480 for the professional edition can make development easier and faster.

JohnCenaFan28
04-11-2009, 07:00 PM
That's nice to hear, I'm happy that people are getting jobs.