PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown House Results - 1st Jul 2006 (Panama City, Panama)

LionDen
07-03-2006, 10:18 PM
SmackDown House Results - 1st Jul 2006

Report by: Fernando Méndez

Pre Show - Rey Mysterio walked around the Arena so people could take pics of him with the chapionship belt, Eddie Chants prompted on every section he visited.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated the Pitbulls in a WWE Tag Team Championship match. The champions got a decent pop.

Mr. Kennedy defeated Tatanka. Mr. Kennedy received lots of heat after he asked us "besenme el culo" (kiss my ass) which in turn prompted a "cueco" (fag) chant from the crowd, the first and loudest of the many of such chants that prompted during the night.

Jillian Hall defeated Kristal. Jillian received loud pops, Kristal in turn received virtually no reaction.

Vito defeated William Regal. Most of the crowd didn't know who Vito was or why was he wearing a dress. The Crowd made the match with the "cueco" chants.

Super Crazy defeated Funaki. Loud Super Crazy, Super Loco, and E-C-W chants to make Super Crazy one of the most over guys of the night.

Rey Mysterio defeated King Booker T to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. Pre-Match Sharmell made Tony Chimel say "All hail King Booker" like a thousand times, from that moment on Chimel was the biggest heel in the Arena and received great heat each time he had to make an announcement. Rey Mysterio was very over receiving loud chants both for himself and for Eddie. Booker got great heat with loud "Booker Sucks" chants.

Matt Hardy defeated Cruiserweight champion Gregory Helms in a non-title Match. The crowd was a bit off during this match as it was just after the intermission for selling stuff however Matt was very over with the Females on the crowd.

Bobby Lashley defeated Finlay to retain the WWE U.S Championship. Lashley came out with the Panamanian Flag as he´s supposed to have some ties with out country but I don't know the story well, he got very over because of that and was received by a loud "Panama" chant. Finlay did a faking injury spot after receiving a Flag Suplex from Lashley, he sold it beautifuly, the referee did the "x" sign and traineers came in, I knew he was faking as I have read the web reports of him doing it on other shows but many people in the arena believed it to be a legit injury.

The Undertaker defeated Mark Henry and The Great Khali w/Daivari on a handicap match. Biggest Pops of the night for The Undertaker's Entrance. I was holding a "Giant Gonzales 2.0" sign for Khali but think was too far for him to see.

The show was as decent a show Smackdown can put on its current state, however being WWE´s first visit to our country the crowd was really on and that made the show. Especially the loud "Cueco" chants that were giving to every heel that acted cowardly were very funny, the faces took notice of that and worked the crowd onto doing them.

Biggest Pops.

1. The Undertaker Entrance
2. Super Crazy
3. Rey Mysterio

Most Heat.
1. Tony Chimmel after repeating "All Hail King Booker" like a hundred times
2. Booker T and Sharmell
3. Regal