PDA

View Full Version : LIVE COVERAGE: WWE Supplemental Draft 2009

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 07:54 AM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/eel606/WWEDraft.jpg

UOWForums Proudly Presents The WWE Supplemental Draft 2009!
Join us as we cover the draft LIVE with updates added to this thread as drafts are made!

Don't be shy! Post your thoughts on the main draft on RAW and the Supplemental Draft!

Draft Moves:

1. Mr. Kennedy To RAW

2. Shad Gaspard To SmackDown!

3. Alicia Fox To SmackDown!

4 . Primo To RAW

5. Mike Knox To SmackDown!

6. Ezekiel Jackson To ECW

7. Nikki Bella To RAW

8. Candice Michelle To SmackDown!

9. Zack Ryder To ECW

10. Chavo Guerrero To RAW

11. Ricky Ortiz To SmackDown!

12. Layla To SmackDown!

13. Hornswoggle To RAW

14. DH Smith To ECW

15. John Morrison To SmackDown!

16. Carlito To RAW

17. Natalya To ECW

18. Festus To RAW

19. JTG To SmackDown!

20. Dolph Ziggler To SmackDown!

21. The Brian Kendrick To RAW

22. Charlie Haas To SmackDown!

23. Hurricane Helms To ECW

24. Brie Bella To RAW

Thank you for joining us for the LIVE COVERAGE of WWE Supplemental Draft 2009! I hope you enjoyed yourselves and please check out the rest of the forum!

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-15-2009, 08:30 AM
It will be interesting to see who moves. Its as good as a release tbh unless they try to make it useful and push the guys. Here's what I think........

Kennedy to ECW
TBK to Raw/ECW
Jimmy Yang may move
Jesse n Festus to ECW
Thats all that I can think of so far lol

John
04-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Kennedy already gone to Raw, Not really a surprise, but i really thought that maybe he would retire.

SHAD TO SD :o....Wow, Hopefully he'll get some good matches.

tommy
04-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Thank you for having this. WWE.com wasn't letting me join their live chat thing. How often do they draft a new superstar?

John
04-15-2009, 05:23 PM
^ A guy called Corey announced one everytime his phone rings.....Could be anything between 1 minute to 5 minutes.

Alicia to SD is a good move, glad she broke away from the DJ.

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Thoughts so far:

!. Really...Kennedy to RAW? Why? TO ruin him even more. The past two times he has been drafted, I've praised it. Now it is ridiculous. Kennedy had an opportunity with the absence of HHH to be main event on Smackdown. Stupid

2. Shad to SD puzzles me. I thought JTG would go to Smackdown (and maybe he will to beef up the tag team division), but SD already hasits share of singles big guys.

3. Alica moving to smackdown may boost up the diva's division, but DJ Gabriel should atleast move with her, only to be a jobber.

tommy
04-15-2009, 05:31 PM
My thoughts so far:

1. While I LOVE Kennedy to raw since I will see him every week, I agree he should have stayed on smackdown. He could have fueded with Edge finally, Jericho, even Jeff Hardy and CM Punk. Raw is overrun with the "big guys" who are main event, and moving Kennedy there will just get him lost in the shuffle.

2. Shad to smackdown is interesting. If JTG doesn't move as well, I think I could see this as a way to explain why Shad gets fired and JTG doesn't, since there is so much negativity on Shad. If JTG doesn't get drafted to smackdown, this may be a case of never debuting before getting the ax.

3. Alicia Fox to smackdown...who cares, unless they pair her with Edge again.

tommy
04-15-2009, 05:33 PM
EDIT: sorry, double post. As long as I did it, might as well say...

4. Primo to Raw. I'm not a huge fan of this one. I don't want Primo and Carlito on RAW...they aren't that entertaining, IMO.

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 05:35 PM
tommy it's about every 10 minutes or so a new draft happens. I'm not liking any of the drafts so far:(

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Primo to RAW? Wow. A pick that suprised the fuck out of me. But why? What tag team matches happen on RAW. What tag teams are on Raw.

Why does the WWE hate tag teams?

tommy
04-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Poor Kennedy...drafted three years in a row, but this time pushed to the supplemental.

Damn, I will enjoy Kennedy on RAW though, no matter how disappointing it is for him...

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Knox to Smackdown is a horrible move. SmackDown is too much of a powerhouse. I'm thinking that this was made to make room for Mark Henry, but think of this...Khali, Kane, Umaga, Ezekiel, Shad, Taker, and now Mike Knox. Give Smackdown some purity.

John
04-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow, I wanna know what's going to happen here, it will be really interesting to see how WWE cope with Primo/Carlito.

tommy
04-15-2009, 05:50 PM
None of the big guys on smackdown are main event level though, cept for Taker. All of the main guys are smaller: edge, jericho, punk, mysterio. So yeah, they have all the big guys, but hopefully it won't become just about that.

I'm just glad Knox is off raw...that was terrible.

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 05:51 PM
there! My favorit epick so far! Ezekiel to ECW could mean a seperate push for both him and TBK or TBK dominating on ECW

tommy
04-15-2009, 06:00 PM
I really hope TBK goes to ECW. I don't think Zeke is ready to be off on his own, and Kendrick's gimmick is great right now, he just needs a push. ECW is just the place to do that. Put the belt on Christian, have him fend off the bad guys like Morrison, TBK, and Koslov for a while while Evan Bourne goes against the younger talent like Swagger and Kidd. Then have someone beat Christian for the belt, move him brands, and let Bourne go after the heel champion.

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
So, I'm not liking pick number seven. Not alot of pizzaz or importance. Maybe a force in the Divas division, but she has just been used for storylines.

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Nikki should have stayed heel because she's now on RAW, maybe she'll team back again with The Miz?

tommy
04-15-2009, 06:12 PM
It'd be interesting to see if Brie moves as well. If not, I'd have to imagine that they would switch themselves without telling the WWE, just for funsies. Either way, eh, that pick does nothing for me.

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Ryder on ECW bring a fashionable, cocky, athletic, flying heel. I love this. Too many heels on ECW. Turn or draft a face please.

tommy
04-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm glad Candice is off RAW now, I never liked her.

Zack Ryder to ECW...does anyone else have a feeling that every tag team will be broken up today and the tag team division will cease completely?

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Zack Ryder could do wonders in ECW. Hopefully they give him the chance. That tag-team had them trapped as "clones" imo and no one could tell them apart. Now he might get repackaged so that no one would still have the idea that they're Edge's imitation.

tommy
04-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Chavo to raw...now he can be a gopher there!

Once again...nothing. This is a let down so far.

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Ricky Ortiz is awful, he should have just stayed on FCW forever and live as world champion there:dearme: I'm glad Candice is gone, I don't like her at all and Nikki is way better.

tommy
04-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Ortiz to Smackdown...that'll work well. If you can't get time on ECW, how the hell are you going to get it on smackdown?

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Ricky Ortiz, lawl. Has he beaten anyone besides a jobber?

tommy
04-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Layla to SD. Another pointless move. This draft is a vast letdown. The only possible game changer so far is Kennedy. And you just know they are saving Mark Henry for the last "big" one...and it'll just leave us all pissed.

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 06:53 PM
I hope Layla gets a push on SmackDown! she really is a good worker and she just needs a chance.

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Ziggler to SD might not happen :( . Layla to SD was retarded. A lot of potential has been ruined in this draft and great things that could have happened, wo'nt.

tommy
04-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Hornsoggle to RAW. What the hell, this is the worst draft ever. Why would they do this? He was awful on RAW the first time, why do it again?

tommy
04-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Tag teams left alive in WWE: Rhodes and Dibiase, Jesse and Festus, and MAYBE the colons still.

tommy
04-15-2009, 07:13 PM
DH Smith to ECW. So, looks like no legacy for him, but maybe he'll team up with Kidd?

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey, a tag team just formed possbly: DH Smith and Tyson Kidd.

Hoping ECW gets one more pick in the form ofHurricane Helms or R-Truth. I hope RAW gets a pick to strengthen the second tier/midcarders. I hope SD's final pick is Ziggler or a possible face main eventer (as in Ziggler)

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Hornswoggle was a waste of a draft, I'd have rather someone else get a move like Helms but NO they waste it on Hornswoggle. Goldust needs to go to ECW!

tommy
04-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Ziggler? Face main eventer? You can't be serious.

What NEEDS to happen to save this draft:
One of the following:
TBK to ECW
R-truth to ECW

One of the following:
R-truth to RAW
TBK to RAW

and Horswoggle must be fired.

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Goldust on ECW is around my ideals. I just want a high face on the brand.

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm high on Ziggler man. After reading the SD spoilers, I got excited.

Morrision to Smackdown opens so many doors for Ryder getting drafter as well as his push to a singles career. This is so far the smartest pick of the 2009 Sup. draft.

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm so happy Morrison is on SmackDown! With the huge steal of talent that RAW did, Morrison will have space to truly shine! While The Miz will get lost on RAW! HAHAHA ROB! All I wish was Morrison got the main draft move shown on RAW instead but whatever, I'm still happy:D

tommy
04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Goldust is old and worthless, he shouldn't be with the company period.

tommy
04-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Morrison to SD is a good move. There will be a lot of great matches between the top smackdown guys (taker, edge, punk, hardy, jericho, morrison, mysterio). Ziggler isn't getting drafted. Look who he beat in the spoilers...that screams that he is staying on RAW and entering into a program there. I could be wrong though.

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes! Carlito on Raw as expected! I'm still mad the tag team moved but I'm just relieved their together.

So Ziggler beating you know who isn't a way of passing the torch on Smackdown?

tommy
04-15-2009, 07:33 PM
I guess that isn't too terrible, but I am not looking forward to seeing him back on raw.

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Goldust is old and worthless, he shouldn't be with the company period.

He's not old and worthless! You're just being biased because he's old, but he's still got it and much better mic skills than a lot of the WWE guys.

John
04-15-2009, 07:35 PM
^ Goldust would be great for ECW, He'd be better than Kozlov and also Jackson.

I agree that Hornswoggle was a waste of a draft pick. Carlito going to Raw is a good move......Now One of the problems is sorted.

tommy
04-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow, WWE.com said DH smith was drafted from RAW. They don't even remember what brand he was on!

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Natalya on ECW did the Hart Foundation 2.0 justice! ECW's last pick should now be a dignified face.

DH Smith was never really on Smackdown because the plans fell through. I thought that they could have just moved them over silently.

John
04-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Natayla to ECW.......Wasn't she already there?.......

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 07:42 PM
DH Smith got drafted to SmackDown! in the last draft. Anyway, I thought Natalya could have just appeared on ECW without a draft move, since she's been there for months anyway. A wasted draft move but I'm excited to see where this goes:)

tommy
04-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Now, if WWE wants to do something right, they need to group together Tyson Kidd with the newly drafted DH Smith and Natalya as a stable and build them up very strongly on ECW for an eventual Legacy fued...

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't know what to make of this pick. Festus will possibly just be a simple-minded big man. He'll keep his gimmick, but have it without Jesse, who might go to his OVW gimmick.

John
04-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Well......Festus to Raw, a good move imo......He will do good on Raw, Now his team is destroyed, he can hopefully get a new gimmick.

tommy
04-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Festus to RAW...and then there were two tag teams left in the WWE. Something tells me those unified belts are going on Legacy and then never moving for about a year until Hart Foundation 2.0 is ready for the fued...

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 07:57 PM
^ Yeah, which is gonna suck. It'll be like when Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly had the titles except better by a bit...

tommy
04-15-2009, 08:00 PM
It's a good bragging right...but I would prefer the olden days of tag team glory.

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Meh, couldn't care much for Cryme Tyme on SD!. They'll possibly go unoticed like on RAW

tommy
04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Cryme Tyme is reuinited. Three tag teams in WWE.

John
04-15-2009, 08:02 PM
It's a big shame JTG is now on Smackdown.......I had big things planning for Shad, He could have gone far on his own, instead of with JTG hanging around.

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 08:05 PM
I could have swore the big guy of Cryme Tyme(the one everyone said had major heat backstage) was going to get fired while the other got pushed.

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
I think we know where I stand on Ziggler getting drafted to Smackdown....

Definately one of the best picks today

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Ziggler will be a great addition to SmackDown! I just wish my dreams would come true:sad: Goldust to ECW!

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Kendrick to RAW is a hit and miss. Kendrick will get more TV time because he has established himself, but he hasno Zeke and competition in MVP, The Miz, Kofi, Hardy, Kennedy, and...Festus? I don't know.

John
04-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Great! TBP to Raw, this is a truly fantastic move! I can't wait for him to show off his talents on raw with the likes of - MVP, Kofi.

JohnCenaFan28
04-15-2009, 08:27 PM
The Brian Kendrick to RAW is good and bad, I hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle but he's a great heel. I think he might get new muscle in Festus, if he stays there without Jesse. And maybe someone will have to try and help Festus get out of Kendrick's control, or something:dunno: All I know is that I'm happy I can see him live again:)

John
04-15-2009, 08:35 PM
I am really happy about this, i feel that WGTT may re-unite......This can only get better from here!

Nick, Your Indie Lover
04-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Hurricane hittng ECW and giving them a possible ECW champion!

christianedge
04-15-2009, 08:44 PM
hopefully we'll see dh, natalya, n tyson team up...hopefully knox, big zeke, and kendrick get something good out of this...and carlito is back on raw, now that's cool!

tommy
04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
My thoughts on the last picks I missed:

20. Dolph to SD: That makes no sense, after getting that huge win over a RAW title holder this week. Hopefully they have something in mind (reshaping his character) so that he can be effective.

21. The Brian Kendrick to RAW: This should be good, if they don't drop the ball. Get him out there doing his thing, give him mic time, and push him!

22. Charlie Haas to SD: This may just end up holding Shelton back, if it does anything.

23. Helms to ECW: That's a good move, as he has not been used for anything lately. Now the ECW faces are: Christian, kinda Finlay, Evan Bourne, and Helms.

24. Brie Bella to RAW: whatever.

christianedge
04-15-2009, 09:09 PM
helms! now i can watch christian and helms on ecw! brie bella is hot. hopefully they keep charlie away from shelton

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
04-15-2009, 09:09 PM
A mixed bag in terms of draft results, Morrison, Kendrick etc. are good, others like Hornswoggle to RAW are just bad. An overall ok but could have been alot better

Xan20
04-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Maria should have been brought back to Raw

John
04-15-2009, 09:46 PM
20. Dolph Ziggler To SmackDown!

This is a good move imo, Him going to Smackdown is a good start, A fresh clear start.

21. The Brian Kendrick To RAW

Yes! I hope he gets treated properly.

22. Charlie Haas To SmackDown!

23. Hurricane Helms To ECW

Really Good Move!

24. Brie Bella To RAW

The sound of no-one caring is so deafening right now.

Kellie
04-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Great work EeL, thankyou

Kenpachi Zaraki
04-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Kennedy to RAW n Helms to ECW surprise. I hope they dont release them as is the norm. Interesting to see how Kendrick n Zeke works out although it would b interesting to watch Zeke n Mark Henry :P

Ryder n Hawkins separated so thats 2 releases coming as far as i can see and Jesse n Festus separated that's gonna b intersting as well. Rest I am not sure about