PDA

View Full Version : Ask WNW - Morrison, Future Main Eventers, Kendrick, Goldberg/TNA

John
04-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Now that John Morrison is on SmackDown, do you think he will be involved in a feud with possibly CM Punk or Rey Mysterio and gradually work up to main event status? I've been real impressed lately by him and I think he deserves a main event push.

The move of John Morrison to SmackDown in yesterday's WWE Supplemental Draft was the best move of the day. Morrison is clearly a future main eventer and with WWE pulling the trigger on breaking up Miz and Morrison, it looks like both will get their chance as singles workers. I haven't heard who Morrison will be working with on SmackDown but both CM Punk and Rey Mysterio would be entertaining programs. I think it's a matter of time before Morrison starts to work in the top of the card.

I have always been a wrestling fan and have respected the creative of teams of all the different promotions for grooming wrestlers to carry a company. But as the years have gone by I have noticed less emphasis on this and more emphasis in pushing guys who in my opinion are either past their prime or approaching it rapidly. My question is who do you think WWE is grooming to be the next big thing? After HHH, HBK, Cena, Undertaker are all gone who will carry the company as the top guy?

I think WWE continues to do a great job of developing new workers. John Morrison, CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Ted DiBiase, and Cody Rhodes are all guys that I think will have the chance to carry the company once some of the names you mentioned hang it up. John Cena is going to be around for the foreseeable future so I wouldn't list him with Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and the Undertaker. Furthermore Randy Orton is just hitting his prime and will be able to fill the veteran role. TNA Wrestling is the company that is not developing new workers and continuing to rely on names from the past to draw.

With The Brian Kendrick's move to Raw, do you see him getting a push or continue jobbing to the mid carders?

Brian Kendrick's move to Raw doesn't bode well for his future in WWE. After having a brief run at the top on SmackDown, he has been in a tailspin. Raw is much more loaded than SmackDown with top names and I don't see Kendrick breaking through. Kendrick seems to have hit that glass ceiling so many smaller guys hit.

Will Bill Goldberg ever sign with TNA?

No, I think it's pretty safe to say Goldberg is finished with professional wrestling. Goldberg wants more money than TNA is willing to pay him and to be perfectly honest the guy isn't worth it. TNA needs to focus on grooming their younger workers and brand them as TNA guys rather than pushing guys over the hill. They aren't going to listen but I'm going to keep saying it!

Remember questions with proper spelling and grammar receive top priority and stand the best chance of getting answered. The next installment of Ask WNW will run on Friday, April 17, 2009.