PDA

View Full Version : Harnett blames third world water for stomach disorder

OMEN
04-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Actor Josh Hartnett only has himself to blame for his recent hospitalisation for stomach pains - because he ignored advice against drinking unpurified water during several trips to underdeveloped countries.

The Pearl Harbor star was admitted to a Los Angeles hospital in March (09) after suffering abdominal pains during a night out.

His representative claimed Harnett had a recurring gastrointestinal disorder, which first affected him during his stint on London's West End stage last year (08).

Harnett now admits his illness was likely caused by contaminated water - but has played down his ailment and urged fans not to worry about his health.

He tells People.com, "I'm fine. I just had a little stomach bug.

"(There's) nothing to worry about. I went to the hospital and it was literally just a 24-hour thing. I was so dehydrated that I needed to be on a couple of IVs (intravenous therapies), but I'm good.

"It's been reoccurring because I have been spending a lot of time in Third World countries, and I occasionally drank the water when I shouldn't have - and sometimes it catches up with you."

Tiscali