PDA

View Full Version : Details on possible new angle for MVP

John
04-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Details on possible new angle for MVP

On wrestlingattitude.com:

As seen on last night's SmackDown, new General Manager Teddy Long promised new RAW Superstar and WWE United States Champion MVP the chance to meet a good friend of his, Sherri Shepherd of ABC's hit talk show The View. It looks like WWE might have something planned for MVP and Sherri as the WWE website mentions Sherri having a thing for MVP and teases Teddy having something in store for MVP.

Furthermore, a friend of mine who happens to be a fan of The View, sent Sherri a tweet on Twitter after SmackDown last night and asked her if she was aware that her name was mentioned on SmackDown. Sherri replied with the following: "Yes... there's a surprise with me & the WWE!!! Stay tuned. I think you'll like it :O)"

A few other fans asked Sherri about WWE on Twitter and she replied with the following messages: "am I going to appear on Smackdown with MVP... LOL... mum's the word, but keep watching the WWE...never know who'll pop up!" and "I'm in love with me some MVP. I hope he said nice things about me."

It doesn't seem far fetched that WWE would reach out to a show like The View right now, one of the most watched shows by women on TV. We reported yesterday about WWE beginning a new company direction where they push the idea that several women help run the company and a good percentage of women make up the WWE audience. I'm not sure if Sherri would actually join WWE in a manager role for MVP or something but she may end up doing a few appearances. If anything it will definitely get the company a few mentions on The View which could bring in some more female viewers like they are wanting.