PDA

View Full Version : Bombshell: WWE No Longer A "Pro-Wrestling" Company

JohnCenaFan28
04-19-2009, 02:54 AM
WWE's new Executive Vice President of Marketing Michelle Wilson is trying to push a direction for WWE that the company is a global entertainment company and not a pro wrestling company. Michelle recently said in an interview that people like to put WWE in a box of being professional wrestling and that's just not the case. They are pushing the idea that three women besides herself, Linda McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and Donna Goldsmith, are helping run the direction of the company and that 40% of the WWE audience is women. Actually, depending on which show it is and the week, the female audience usually ranged from 29% to 34%. When dealing with live event business, women are closer to 20-25% of the audience.

Source: WA

legolas4792
04-19-2009, 02:56 AM
how are the women statistics even relevent to this news

JohnCenaFan28
04-19-2009, 03:00 AM
^ I guess it's because women aren't regularly associated with pro-wrestling, so if there's loads of women watching then the product cannot be pro-wrestling.

Coruptyed
04-19-2009, 10:48 PM
well im not a female and shes i guess defeneding this as a female not the op but michelle... i actually see this as coming off as sexiest?? women cant watch it cause its pro wrestling so there changing the name?

DUKE NUKEM
04-20-2009, 06:49 AM
wow thanks for the read Eel