View Full Version : Moyes is world's best - Kenwright

lɐuǝɯo⊥ǝɥԀ
04-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has hailed club boss David Moyes as the "the greatest manager in the world".

Moyes led the Toffees to victory over Manchester United on Sunday to secure a place in the FA Cup final on 30 May.

"Evertonians owe everything to David Moyes, he took on our club when it was on its knees," Kenwright, 63, told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"We laid out a plan and he has never come off it. I worship the man, he is the greatest manager in the world."

Kenwright, who has been searching for a suitable buyer for Everton, said Moyes, 45, had persuaded him to stay on at the club.

"I've been in situations when I've thought I can't go on," said Kenwright. "He's said 'don't leave, the players and I will miss you. Come on, we'll do this together'.

"He's my best friend in football and I'd do anything for him.

"When you see him looking up with that clenched fist he's looking at me saying 'look where we've got to'."

The Scot took over at Goodison Park in March 2002 and Kenwright praised the job he has done with limited resources at his disposal.

"When David arrived I never looked at the first game of the season, I looked at the last to see who we had to beat to avoid the 'r' word - relegation," said Kenwright.

"We've had Wayne Rooney leaving and no money every season - but now we're up there and I think you can truly say now we are a top-six club again.

"He's never at home, he's always at games, whether abroad or other divisions and he is totally committed to Everton."

BBC SPORT