PDA

View Full Version : The Big Mac diet

John
04-23-2009, 06:50 PM
A Californian man lost more than a stone by eating nothing but McDonald's for a month.

Doug Logeais, 40, from San Diego, stuck with his bizarre diet for 30 days and lost 15lbs - more than half in the first week alone, reports the Daily Mail.

He ate sausage and egg burritos for breakfast, chicken wraps for lunch and salads for dinner - and exercised regularly.

"I thought if I could actually eat at McDonald's and lose weight I'd incorporate the best of both worlds - I'm eating at my favourite place and I'm losing weight," he said.

"I would always go for the healthier option, but I would once in a while go for a chocolate chip cookie or the chicken McNuggets.

"But everything in moderation. If you go in there you don't always have to order a Big Mac with large fries."

However it wasn't just all down to following a McDonald's diet.

"There's a lot of cardio that went into this, and a lot of sit-ups as well," he added. "I am doing an hour of cardio in the morning, which is either running up a mountain or working out with a trainer three times a week."

Mr Logeais's experience is in stark contrast to that of filmmaker Morgan Spurlock who ate only McDonald's food for 30 days for his 2004 documentary, Super Size Me.

As a result he gained 24lbs and experienced mood swings, sexual dysfunction and liver damage.

DUKE NUKEM
04-25-2009, 01:35 AM
wow thanks for the read john

scorpionf
04-26-2009, 05:47 AM
I don't understand how anyone can eat McDonalds... It's all disgusting...