PDA

View Full Version : Mental hospital let stalker 'WED' David Walliams

Black Widow
04-29-2009, 10:03 AM
A STALKER who threatened to kill Little Britain’s David Walliams was allowed to “marry” the star in a mock ceremony on her mental ward.

Sarah Bartholomew, 29, has now changed her name by deed poll to Sarah Walliams — with the blessing of staff at the hospital where she is sectioned indefinitely.

The ex-veterinary nurse marked the event with a “reception” in her room.

And she now introduces herself to everyone as 37-year-old Walliams’ wife.

Nurses at Kneesworth House Hospital, near Royston, Herts, helped her fill out the deed poll papers and post off a £33 fee.

They are said to have feared legal action if they refused.

One astonished cop said: “Bartholomew really believes she’s married to David. Everyone is told to call her Mrs Walliams.

“She held a ceremony on her ward at which she was both vicar and bride. And she toasted the ‘union’ with a soft drink.

“The staff are terrified of saying no to her as they could be breaching her rights. It’s madness, she’s clearly still obsessed.”

A court heard last year how Bartholomew sent Walliams gifts and sexually-charged letters during four years of harassment.

She turned up at his London home and spent thousands travelling to his touring show with co-star Matt Lucas.

When Walliams’ solicitor asked her to stop, she said in a letter: “I have to have you at any cost. I’ll kill or abduct you to stop you seeing anyone else.”

She added in a poem: “I’d rip off your pants in a sexual frenzy, you can have me how you want, I’m ever so bendy.”

Bartholomew, of Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, was sectioned by JPs last July after admitting harassment.

She will stay in hospital until doctors rule she poses no threat.

Her obsession began after she met Walliams at a 2004 event. The BBC banned her from its studios after she tried to break into his dressing room.

Last night Scotland Yard said: “We can confirm a woman detained under the Mental Health Act has changed her name by deed poll, but we are currently not re-opening the investigation.”

A Department of Health spokesman said: “We would expect clinicians to discuss with patients if it is necessary to change their name.

“They may decide that if the patient’s wish to do so is caused by their disorder, it would be appropriate to discourage it.”

According to the UK Deed Poll Service, name changes can be blocked if considered vulgar, offensive or unsuitable.

The Ministry of Justice said staff would NOT have faced legal action under the Human Rights Act had they refused.

A spokesman said: “There’s no legal restriction on a person changing their name based on mental capacity.”

David Walliams was unavailable for comment last night.

The Sun