PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk

Straight Edge
07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
As i'm sure everyone who was watching ECW on Sci-Fi last night, or to those people who like me download the show straight away saw, was a promo by CM Punk. Basically saying that he was Straight Edge. That he doesn't Drink, Smoke or do Drugs, and that he thrives on competition and wrestling. Over the past few month's, ever since ECW was confirmed as to coming back, there has been speculation that Punk would eventually join ECW, especially seeing as Heyman was a fan of Punk's when Heyman was Head Booker in Ohio Valley Wrestling, before leaving OVW to take care of duties for ECW.

But what is your reaction to Punk's appearance on ECW? Are you pleased? or do you not care etc?

Me, I am pleased about his appearance last night. I am a huge CM Punk fan, and many fans including myself refer to CM Punk as King of the Indies. Punk became noticed in Ring of Honor in 2003, when he first laid out a challenge to Raven, saying that he doesn't like Raven because he used to be an alcoholic, and he doesn't respect him. And Punk/Raven fueded for most of 2003, in what many would say put CM Punk on the map as 'Straight Edge'.

It looks as if we'll be seeing Punk debut with the Straight Edge gimmick, which would be fantastic. Punk has the potential also to be a future ECW World Heavyweight Champion, and as many know his mic skills are totally awesome when he's given a mic. So yeah I am pleased that Punk will be on ECW, and as I said if he's given a mic, he'll be able to get himself over. I don't think that any WWE fan doesn't know who CM Punk is, if they don't know who he is, then they need to do their research and study some of Punk's classic matches, and mic work.

the madscotsman
08-10-2006, 02:47 PM
so are you happy with his debut? cause I sure as fuck am. I was so worried that they were going to fuck this one up. but they let him do his thing and it worked. just one complaint what happend to the arm triangle(anaconda vice) it's a cool jujitsu move (I never could spell that fuckin word). I hope he uses that and his weird ddt thing. it'll be god to see a guy use judo and jujitsu now that taz has retired. long live straight edge

Ethan Hunt
08-10-2006, 05:55 PM
I am trememndously happy tht the King of Indies is in ECW.....

Will
08-12-2006, 01:14 AM
CM Punk is the only reason that I have any interest in the new ECW. I have only watched two matches since ECW started on Sci-Fi. I watched one because I heard how the crowd reacted and wanted to watch and see it myself (Show vs. Batista) and the other was CM Punks debut.

cooter111
08-20-2006, 01:50 AM
he is all that and more

XXKSXX
08-23-2006, 12:24 AM
I have been impressed by him sence he came on and I hope he's on alot more. He's a pretty talented wrestler and is good on the mic to. I have watched alot of his ROH matches and some others but I'm glade he's part of the new ECW.

classic
09-09-2006, 12:08 PM
cm punk is cool

Swinny
09-09-2006, 05:53 PM
I am impressed and suprised by his debut, By the looks of things Punk could be getting a good push in ECW, so that's great. When I first heard he signed with the WWE I was quite worried, because the guy's so damn talented and I didn't want to see the WWE ruin that like they did to others. I am glad to see that he wasn't given a shitty gimmick and was able to remain with the straight-edge gimmick which absolutely HAS to lead to a feud with The Sandman in the future which would be great. Punk's full of talent both in the ring and on the mic, and I hope to see him on the top of the ECW mountain sometime soon, and another thing I would love to see him do a Pepsi Plunge, but I doubt that will happen, because it would take a lot away from Triple H's pedigree.

cuckfena
09-20-2006, 02:25 PM
At last a proper wrestler showing what he can do. Its a crying shame that he will cant wrestle Angle. That would have been a match of the year candidate for sure

Danny
09-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Punk is great. He seems to be a great worker. He's got great focus and great intencity. I definantly think he has earned a spot on the ECW roster. Hopefully, he'll become ECW champion at some point, but not for a good while.

Will
09-21-2006, 04:57 AM
Punk is great. He seems to be a great worker. He's got great focus and great intencity. I definantly think he has earned a spot on the ECW roster. Hopefully, he'll become ECW champion at some point, but not for a good while.
I hope that he becomes the world champion next week. He has the talent to be the champ, and he also has the indy recognition to help put ECW over as a seperate brand from WWE. It just feels like an episode of Smackdown or Heat, with Show as the champ.

Danny
09-22-2006, 03:43 AM
Yeah it does, but what can you expect for a third WWE brand. In it's own way, it's smart to not let it be like the old ECW. If it was, they would be at risk for tons of injuries. ECW still needs to grow and with the main eventers and mid card getting injured, that would be near impossible. Not to mention the fact that they have to travel everyhere. I personally think it's best to keep it like a second Heat, untill ECW gets bigger or at least returnes to the Hammerstien Ballroom( not likely, I know).

Punk does have a lot of indy exposure and fans. He would make a great champ, but with those who don't watch indies , they may think he is just some newcomer stuck with a belt that he isn't ready for. I'd much rather see the belt on him than Big Show though.

LionDen
09-22-2006, 05:19 AM
I have to be honest, i saw alot of Punk before he came to ECW and now that I have watched him more, he just isn't as good as the hype about him is IMO.

cfaz
09-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Well, WWE obviously isn't letting him go to his full potential. Trust me, see some of his matches from ROH and you'll be surprised.

Cambo
09-23-2006, 05:36 PM
I've seen alot of his matches in ROH were he was brilliant but going to ECW was a bad move for him in my mind i think he should have stayed clear of wwe altogether. At wwe he will become another good wrestler who becomes into a nobody