PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Flowers from The Killers Is A Dumb Fuck

Black Widow
05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Killers: 'We want to knock Led Zeppelin and Nirvana off their pedestals'

Brandon Flowers reveals band's US ambitions

The Killers have thrown down the gauntlet to American music fans, declaring they will knock Led Zeppelin and Nirvana "off their pedestals".

The Las Vegas band are currently in the middle of a north American tour, and frontman Brandon Flowers has told NME.COM he will use the dates to help repeat the success the band have already enjoyed in Britain. But first, they'll have to overcome the US public's listening prejudices.

"We’ve been embraced in Britain in a way that I’ll never understand, and it’s such a wonderful thing," he declared. "But over here , people are still so obsessed with Led Zeppelin and Nirvana, those sorts of bands, that nobody else is allowed [to grow]."

He added: "It’s not just us; there are a lot of great bands that have been held down or confined by the influence of these people that we’ve put up on pedestals. I’m tired of it, you know? I just want to knock them all off! And people don’t like that attitude. It’s almost like they don’t believe that it’s possible that anybody else can be the real deal.

"It doesn’t matter how many great songs we write or how many great shows we play. But we’re slowly chipping away at it. With this last album ['Day And Age'], there’s been a noticeable shift but we’re still nowhere near where we are in Europe."

To read the full, exclusive interview with Flowers, including his plans for this summer's festivals and The Killers future release plans, get this week's issue of NME which is on UK newsstands now.

[I]"We’ve been embraced in Britain in a way that I’ll never understand, and it’s such a wonderful thing," he declared. "But over here [in America], people are still so obsessed with Led Zeppelin and Nirvana, those sorts of bands, that nobody else is allowed [to grow]."

People who are still so obsessed with Led Zeppelin and Nirvana and those sorts of bands does not prevent any other bands from growing bull shit. To be allowed to grow. 1. You must have the ability to write and produce good music. 2. Do the killers do that, fuck no there shite.

"It’s not just us; there are a lot of great bands that have been held down or confined by the influence of these people that we’ve put up on pedestals. I’m tired of it, you know? I just want to knock them all off! And people don’t like that attitude. It’s almost like they don’t believe that it’s possible that anybody else can be the real deal.

Again alot of great bands... :think: if they were so great wouldnt they be known and actually doing something.

"It doesn’t matter how many great songs we write or how many great shows we play. But we’re slowly chipping away at it. With this last album ['Day And Age'], there’s been a noticeable shift but we’re still nowhere near where we are in Europe."

LOL how many great songs have they wrote come on dont be big headed now.

The Killers number of great songs. Stands at #0

Its people like me that listen to these type of bands why? Because its great fucking music thats why.

Music now a days is watered down rock by fucked up wanna be bands and bitches like Rihanna, Mariah, Fightstar and so on..

Brandon Flowers, should really stop looking for attention and concentrate on making at least one good song because simply a album would be merely impossible.

:scream1:

Darth Fozzy
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Is there a more public place where we can attack him online? like Killers Myspace etc?

Black Widow
05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Is there a more public place where we can attack him online? like Killers Myspace etc?

oooh i like that idea... i hope they have a myspace

Darth Fozzy
05-07-2009, 03:25 AM
He deserves to lose his voice forever!!

Kenpachi Zaraki
06-03-2009, 02:33 AM
The Killers are shit. I heard that they were really popular and decided to give em a try and after listening to them I wished I was deaf