PDA

View Full Version : Sachs struggles with Corrie stars

John
05-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Andrew Sachs has admitted he is having trouble remembering the names of his new Coronation Street co-stars.

The 79-year-old actor revealed the cast of the soap have all been very welcoming but he is struggling with the task of learning their real names and their character names all at once.

Sachs said: "Since on the payroll there are about 70 actors, I try to learn at least some of their names, which means learning the character's name and who's playing it, which is 140 names, so it's a wonder I can't learn my lines as well."

He continued: "I look in the mirror and wonder who it is!"

The actor, who is reportedly playing Ramsay Clegg, the half-brother of corner-shop assistant Norris Cole, revealed he is delighted to have been cast in the soap.

He said: "I'm very happy to be there, it's such a lovely company. The atmosphere there is terrific, I have to say, unexpectedly so.

"But it's very confusing. Not so much the role, but trying to work out what episode you're in, what scene you're doing next, and it all goes out of order.

"And I don't know where I am so I'm always checking and double-checking... should I be up in Manchester, no, that's tomorrow. So it's all going on.

"But I'm getting there - it takes about three or four weeks."

:: Andrew Sachs was speaking at the launch of Fawlty Towers: Re-opened and Fawlty Exclusive: Basil's Best Bits, which will air exclusively on Gold on May 10 and 17 respectively, at 9pm.