PDA

View Full Version : Alesha Dixon on her tiring tour

John
05-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Alesha Dixon has confessed she is panicking about getting in shape for her solo tour.

The former Mis-Teeq singer - who won BBC ballroom show Strictly Come Dancing in 2007 - is supporting Enrique Inglesias on tour and has encorporated lots of energetic dance routines into her stage performance.

Alesha said: "I look back at the time when I was in Mis-Teeq and wonder how I did it - I remember doing shows and feeling like I could carry on afterwards - you definitely feel it when you turn 30, trust me."

But the Breathe Slow singer has made sure she has given herself some slow numbers to sing where she doesn't have to dance.

She said: "I have to say when I came up with the idea of doing this dance breakdown that we're doing I thought 'What am I doing?'. One of the dancers hands me the microphone, and I'm just gasping for breath.

"There are some frantic moments, but there is a section when the boys go away and it's just me singing three or four downtempo records. I get my breath back, and it's a really nice moment where I can show a different side to me.

"The beginning of the show is fun, then there's a middle that's more intimate, and then we pick up the pace again. Hopefully we'll all be very fit."