PDA

View Full Version : More sex 'equals $50,000 pay rise'

OMEN
07-06-2006, 09:04 PM
What will it be, folks – more money or more sex?

English economists reckon having more sex can be as beneficial to lifelong happiness as an extra $50,000 in the pocket.

The study, done by no-sex-please-we're-British economists and titled Money, Sex and Happiness: an Empirical Study, said that increasing the frequency of sex from once a month to once a week caused the same amount of happiness as getting a $50,000-a-year pay rise.

Researched by Dartmouth College economics professor David Blanchflower, along with Warwick University's Andrew Oswald, the study took 1990s American data of about 16,000 people and generalised the results for males and females of all ages.

"The most interesting thing this study shows is that money buys happiness, but not as much as you would think," Blanchflower said in his summary.

Sex Therapy New Zealand director Robin Salisbury said she would like to have the money and more sex. "I have worked for clients who are far wealthier than me and I have found that wealth doesn't buy happiness," she said.

"If having sex more frequently means a better relationship then, absolutely, people should have sex more frequently. It certainly fits with my rationale of how important sex is in life."

Lorelai Jones, a retail assistant at Christchurch adult store Peaches and Cream, said sex definitely made her happier.

"If I had to make a choice between money and a life-time of orgasms, I'd have to quote the Beatles: 'Money can't buy you love'. You can't take materialistic stuff with you in the end."

MENZ medical doctor Rob Williams said he had no idea how economists could make those calculations, but "certainly $50,000 would put a my smile on my face – even if I was celibate".

It seems money is the sweeter temptress.

An unscientific poll on The Press website last night showed that by a wide margin both men and women would choose the cash.

http://stuff.co.nz/inl/images/masthead/press_sm.gif

babybulls
07-07-2006, 04:35 AM
That is trualy amazing lol

Adam Copeland2
07-07-2006, 06:39 AM
More sex plz....