PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Daniels Interview

Black Widow
05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
TNA’s Daniels a hometown boy

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) is coming to Fayetteville Sunday. The 4 p.m. show at the Crown Arena promises plenty of body slams, drop-kicks and scorpion death locks. OK, maybe not that last one, but you get the point.

It also promises to be a happy return to his hometown for wrestler Christopher Daniels (pictured below), who goes by just Daniels when he wrestlers for TNA. Daniels, whose father brought him here when he was 3, spoke with me about the upcoming show, performing for his hometown and his career.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2699/danielsh.jpg

Here’s the interview:

Fayetteville Observer: So how’d you get to Fayetteville? Military brat or…

Daniels: No, actually. My dad worked for the post office and moved us here.

F.O.: So where’d you go to high school?

Daniels: Pine Forest and I went to Methodist College back when it was Methodist College.

F.O.: How long has it been since you’ve been back?

Daniels: Oh, wow. At least three years. But I’ve seen how it’s grown. It’s funny because I moved to Chicago to get into wrestling, but so many of my friends that live there now have gone on to fame in wrestling.

F.O.: A lot of talent has come from this area, so you’ve got good company.

Daniels: The Carolinas are a hotbed of pro wrestling. The Hardy brothers live close to Fayetteville. Just a great bunch of wrestlers have come from that area.

F.O.: Talk about the upcoming show, what can people expect?

Daniels: In TNA, we’ve always sort of been the alternative to WWE. We try to give more action in the ring. We like to say there’s “no limits” to what we’ll do. I feel like TNA is finally coming into its own.

F.O.: What kind of action can we expect you to see?

Daniels: I’ll be tagging with Jeff Jarrett against Robert Roode and James Storm, the Beer Money Inc. team.

F.O.: Are you looking forward to that?

Daniels: Oh yeah. In a situation like that, if you win, usually things happen for you. I’m not set in a tag team anyway right now, so I’m just trying to get a good match.

F.O.: You’ve been a former multiple X Division champ and a former tag team champ, what’s next for you?

Daniels: I’ve done everything except be world champion. Now I’m looking at getting that title and working my way up to get a title shot.

F.O.: How hard is that to accomplish?

Daniels: It’s an exclusive club to wrestle for the title. It’s hard to be considered for a championship match. I have to prove myself to the matchmakers that it would be a favorable match for the company.

F.O.: How would you describe your wrestling style?

Daniels: I feel like I do a lot of things very well. I’m a well-rounded performer; I’m good at the high-flying, at being a mat wrestler, and I brawl pretty well. A lot of guys focus on one facet of their game, but I’ve always felt the more you can do in the ring the better off you are.

F.O.: Good luck with the matches and the future. We look forward to seeing you at the Crown Arena.

Daniels: Thanks. It’ll be good to come home and show my hometown what I can do.

Tickets for Sunday’s show are $20, $30 and $50. There’s a $5 discount for college students and a 50% discount for military personnel with I.D.

fayobserver.com

DUKE NUKEM
05-13-2009, 07:02 AM
thanks for this Ryan