PDA

View Full Version : Crock Cole is a merry old soul

Black Widow
05-13-2009, 04:56 PM
DEFIANT Chelsea star Joe Cole has vowed to be "bullet proof" when he returns from injury.

The England midfielder has missed four months of the season after knee surgery.

He recently started his comeback in training, although he will not play any part before next term.

Cole admits his spell on the sidelines has been tough but the ex-West Ham ace believes he will come back stronger.

Cole revealed: "I am starting to feel more like a footballer now I have got the ball out.

"I am not allowing it to get me down.

"Being an injured Chelsea player is probably the second best job in the world behind being a Chelsea player.

"I come in every day and do what the physios tell me to do to the letter. Then we'll see where it takes me.

"The way I see it is when I get injured then I come back stronger. I'm coming into my peak years.

"The next five years will be the best years of my career so I want to get myself bullet proof."

Cole is keen to give Blues boss Guus Hiddink a taste of his ability but says he will not rush back to action.

He added: "Particularly with a new manager, I don't want to come into training and not be able to show what I can do.

"The fans want to see me playing well. They don't pay their money to see me running around on one leg.

"I won't come back until I am completely ready.

"My opinion is I got this major injury because all through the start of the season I was playing with niggles.

"I had ankle injuries and came back too soon.

"The manager wanted me back and my natural tendency is that I want to play and get out there and play through the pain.

"It was my call and maybe that is a harsh lesson learned.

"I will come back when I'm ready to go now, whenever that may be."

The Sun