PDA

View Full Version : WWE vs. Illegal Stream Sites

Black Widow
05-15-2009, 11:07 PM
WWE Legal has become very aware of illegal stream sites like Justin.TV. The company plans to attack the sites and shut down illegal PPV feeds. They will all sites like Justin.TV like they have people posting copyrighted material on YouTube.

Wrestling Exposed

The topic of sites like Justin.tv streaming WWE PPVs for free in real time is something we have been talking about on Elite audio this week. For those who have asked, WWE Legal is aware of the streams on Justin.tv and on other other sites like it and have been shutting down the feeds. Those sites are definitely on the WWE radar, as they should be. I have been told that they are taking the same approach to these sites that they are to WWE copyrighted material being posted on YouTube.

PWI

Punisher
05-15-2009, 11:16 PM
how about they dont charge 34.95 per show then i will pay for them

Black Widow
05-15-2009, 11:22 PM
how about they dont charge 34.95 per show then i will pay for them

especially with there poor entertainment, the price needs to be lowered

Before The Beginning
05-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Hilarious....Dude was giving out a million dollars and hes worried about streaming sites... Give me a break...Theres places where you just can't get it, altho rare. ALl good, shut down justin.tv, another place will open up.
The greed of Corporate America is a joke

DUKE NUKEM
05-16-2009, 06:47 AM
^ so agree on that,thanks for the post Ryan

John
05-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Credit: PWInsider.com

World Wrestling Entertainment is well aware of websites such as Justin.TV streaming pay-per-view broadcasts for free in real time and have been much more adamant in recent months in shutting down the feeds.

During any one pay-per-view event, a multitude of live streams can be found on Justin.TV, some of which attracting upwards of 500,000 visitors. In response, WWE now has their legal team scouring the website during live shows for feeds in hopes of squashing as many as they can.