PDA

View Full Version : Gaga denies Pussycat Dolls 'snub'

Kellie
05-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Lady Gaga has leapt to the defence of the Pussycat Dolls following speculation her fame has overshadowed the beleaguered girl group on their own tour.

Strutting around in her trademark underpants, the so-called support act has been the subject of constant media attention while in Australia, even causing a paparazzi skirmish at Sydney Airport on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, members of the Pussycat Dolls — who are battling rumours of an imminent band break-up — have largely been ignored by the media.

Speaking during an online webchat session with Dolly magazine, Gaga denied she had stolen the limelight from the Pussycat Dolls.

"I don't feel that way about the Pussycat Dolls," she said.

"I love them very much and I'm very grateful to them for having me support them .. they've taken me all over the world."

Gaga also revealed what she had been up to during her spare time in Australia — getting to know some native animals.

"I went to the zoo today and I held a wombat and patted a koala and kangaroo and I chased an emu," she said.

The pop diva said she was loving Australia and couldn't wait to come back for her own tour.

"I will be back very soon doing a headlining tour … probably towards of this year or very early next year," she said.

When asked about her performance background, Gaga chose not to mention her dubious past as a stripper to her young fans, referring only to her work as "a go-go dancer and waitress".

Gaga was more willing to talk about her song-writing process, saying her music and lyrics often came to her in "visions".

"I have visions, they happen spontaneously I don't know when they will come, I get a vision of a lyric or music and I write it down or record it on my computer," she said.