PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Discusses The Rock Returning, Selfish Fans, Austin, More

Kellie
05-27-2009, 03:28 AM
The Sun has a new interview with John Cena up. Here are some of the highlights:

Cena on cynicism following him into the movie world: I've had to fight that battle my entire career. Vince McMahon has been fighting that battle since he took the company global. It's personal ignorance. People don't know how good we are as entertainers. They don't know how good we are as people in the media. The only way we can silence those voices is by putting together a good product. We've done that with 12 Rounds.

Cena on The Rock: Rock's a hardworking guy, he's a great guy. I'm just speaking as a selfish wrestling fan. The same kind of selfish wrestling fan who would boo me for whatever reason. Selfishly, I miss him in the ring. I wish he would come back. He is physically in his prime. One of the greatest sports entertainers we've ever had. But he's an actor now. The trouble is, here I am telling everybody I love the business - it's the same thing Rock said then went out and made movies. He's basically made my life tougher. I'd love to have him back. I'd love to have a WrestleMania match with him - maybe next year. I would love that. That would be great.

Cena on Steve Austin's toast to him at the 2009 Hall of Fame: Oh, man, are you kidding me. Not just the biggest star of our era, but the biggest star of all time. Steve is unique, has so much talent. There's a guy who would be in the ring tomorrow if he could, but he physically cannot. It was a great moment, a great surprise. It made the Hall of Fame that much more special for me. I was just disappointed that I got my suit and tie covered in beer

IW

Kage
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Cena is a tool. He says basically the same thing in every interview he has.

Darth Fozzy
05-27-2009, 10:26 PM
I concur, as they say, "Same old shit!"