PDA

View Full Version : The promo that spawned D-Generation X

Kenpachi Zaraki
05-27-2009, 04:23 PM
From wikiquote.org:

The promo that spawned the "D-Generation X" moniker, interrupting an interview with Bret Hart...

Shawn Michaels: Hold on, we would love to comment on what happened to the Hitman last week. Now before the Hitman puts a sleeperhold on this crowd and puts 'em all to sleep, we would love to tell the Hitman that I know you're gettin' old, I know you're jerkin' the curtain on my cards, at Survivor Series I know we're gonna be in your neck of the woods in Canada. Well I got some footage for you, I want everyone to see this because nobody knows Canada like I "nose" Canada. Hit the footage, Daddio.

(Footage of Hart vs. Triple H the week before, with Shawn sticking part of the Canadian flag up his nose.)
Triple H: Look at that, way up there. Did that tickle your brain?
Shawn Michaels: Oh, yeah.

Triple H: You know something, Hitman? Let's take a look at a little piece of footage I got for you from last week. I beat you so bad last week, my hands are still hurtin' me. And let's face it, Hitman--I'm younger than you...
Shawn Michaels: Everybody's younger than him.
Triple H: I'm better than you...
Shawn Michaels: Everybody's better than him.
Triple H: And I'm certainly bigger than you, in more ways than one.
Shawn Michaels: (looking down) Good God, you could put an eye out with that thing! Anyway, let's run--let's see Hunter's footage now. Hit the footage in the truck, boys, come on.

(Later in the match, Chyna nails Hart outside the ring, resulting in a fight.)
Triple H: Oh, that's gotta leave a mark.
Shawn Michaels: Gettin' beat up by a girl! Oh, attackin' a woman.
Triple H: Beatin' up a woman.
(Superkick by Michaels)
Shawn Michaels: That's gonna leave a mark for sure. You shouldn't be pickin' on women, Hitman. Bad boy. Bad, bad.
Triple H: Here's pokey twins trying to make a road race (Neidhart, Owen, and Smith chasing Shawn and Chyna on the outside)
Shawn Michaels: Look at the speed and agility here. They finally got--ohhh.
Triple H: Big fakeout, big fakeout. We're outta here.

Triple H: Your winner is Triple H, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. How sweet it was.
Bret Hart: I tell you what--why don't you two degenerates come down here right now, and step in the ring with me right now? Either one of you, I don't care! Either one of you right here, right now!
(Shawn and Triple H look at each other wide-eyed, then back)
Shawn Michaels: Is he challenging me?
Triple H: Is he challenging us?
Shawn Michaels: Right now regularly, I would take him up on his challenge, but you know why I'm not gonna? You know why I'm not gonna? I'll tell you why--because the last time I took him up on a challenge was WrestleMania, and I beat his ass for that stupid piece of tin he's got on his shoulder. And at Survivor Series, I'm gonna take that stupid piece of tin you got on your shoulders once again. I've beaten you, I've beaten your brother, I've beaten both your brother-in-laws, and I'll beat up your whole family if you get in my face one more time.
Triple H: And as far as I'm concerned, Bret Hart, you want a piece of me, huh?! You want a piece of me?! Come on! I'll take you on, Hitman! I'll give you the worst beating of your life! Hey, wait a second, I did that last week. I did that last week, Hitman! Never mind, I don't need to do it twice. I already did it.
Shawn Michaels: I've had so many shots to my head that I forgot how bad we beat him up last week. Hitman, I got news for you--sometime during this show, we are gonna cross paths. And you talk about us being Degenerates. You know what, I am tired of Generation X getting a bad rap.
Triple H: Do you think you're a degenerate?
Turns to Triple H
Shawn Michaels: Do you think you're a degenerate?
Triple H: Well...I mean...
Shawn Michaels: I mean, I'm positive I'm one.
Triple H: Then I guess I have to be one.
Shawn Michaels: You know what? Generation X always gets a bad rap; everybody calls us degenerates. Degeneration X... is that us? Degeneration X! HBK, Triple H, Chyna, Rick Rude, we are Degeneration X--you make the rules, and we will break them!

Kage
05-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Classic.

John
05-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Typical DX! :D

deadmanwalkin
05-28-2009, 02:17 PM
haha that was good