PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Talks Fedor in UFC and Machida's Next Fight

Kellie
05-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Dana White recently spoke to EdgeBoston.com about Fedor Emelianenko possibly becoming a member of the UFC roster. Here's what he had to say:

“I would never cross-promote. Regarding Fedor, he either wants to come over and fight here or he doesn’t. If he came over and wanted to fight I’d do a deal with him in a minute. You know we’ve been chasing him since we bought Pride. In my opinion, I think it’s going to happen. He’d be crazy not to. I mean, why not? He’ll come over here and make a bunch of money and maybe even win the title and go down in history as the greatest heavyweight ever. The problem is it’s one thing for everyone to say it, I mean I can say, “Brock is the greatest heavyweight ever” but they have got to fight. It’s the only way to find out. We can argue about it all day but in the end you just have got to get out there and fight.”

Source: MMAweekly.com

- Although Lyoto Machida's official website indicates his next fight being September 2009 with a photo of Quinton Jackson below that notice, UFC president Dana White says that he is not slated for the UFC 103 fight card expected for September.

"Not true," said White when asked if Machida was scheduled to fight at UFC 103.

"He will fight. We're working on it right now. As soon as it's signed, I'll announce it... which I'm hoping will be (Thursday or Friday)."

With White posting a photo on his Twitter account of himself meeting with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua on Tuesday, and Thursday's announcement of Quinton Jackson and Rashad Evans coaching on TUF 10 and fighting in December, current speculation is pointing at a bout between Shogun and Machida. Such a bout would likely take place late this summer or early fall. But again, at this point, that is purely speculation at this point.