PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 on the mic of all time?

Ethan Hunt
07-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Mine would have to be, in no specific order:

The Rock - the guy could really cut a promo mixed with cheap pops (finally the rock has come back...), and cutting comments. Never failed to raise a smile.

JBL - Gets real good heat with his cheap racist pops and never stuck for words. So natural.

Edge - As with JBL, very natural and likes to make reference to real life events to gain heat, which works. Recent exchanges with HHH & Cena some of the best mic work seen for some time.

HHH - Whether it be as heel or face, always interesting.

Superstar Billy Graham - The original. Mic work wouldnt be as important as it is in wrestling today without him.

flamesoffury
07-08-2006, 03:17 AM
Mine would have to be, in no specific order:

The Rock - the guy could really cut a promo mixed with cheap pops (finally the rock has come back...), and cutting comments. Never failed to raise a smile.
#1 for me

JBL - Gets real good heat with his cheap racist pops and never stuck for words. So natural.
he's a wannabe mick foley but heel.. not worth top 5 but hey its ur opinion

Edge - As with JBL, very natural and likes to make reference to real life events to gain heat, which works. Recent exchanges with HHH & Cena some of the best mic work seen for some time.
same as second part for jbl

HHH - Whether it be as heel or face, always interesting.
hmm i havent decided yet

Superstar Billy Graham - The original. Mic work wouldnt be as important as it is in wrestling today without him.
havent seen his mic work.

My top 5:

1. Rock
2. Stone Cold
3. Chris Jericho
4. Mick Foley
5. Vince Mcmahon

the phenomenal sid
07-08-2006, 06:54 AM
^^agreed fully.
1.the rock-always new ways of cuttin promos.
2.chris jericho-ayotallah of rockah n rollah.what more can you say?:D
3.mick foley-liked his way of getting cheap pops.
4.stone cold-i remember his words in his desire video very well
"WHEN IT TAKES TOO LONG FOR STONE COLD TO FALL DOWN,TOO LONG TO GET UP,THEN HE KNOWS ITS TIME FOR ANOTHER STONECOLD TO TAKE HIS PLACE!!"
4.undertaker-nowadays he is just a man of few words but he was too damn good in his badass days and funeral parlor days:D
5.the mcmahons-vince & stephanie.i always liked these two for whatever they did.vince's YOU'RE FIRED!is one of his very best.
special mention to who else but D-X.thier mockery of the US PRESIDENT TYPE PROMOS,where hbk said about usage of the words shit,damn,fuck.etc were all damn cool man.

Adam Copeland2
07-08-2006, 02:05 PM
1)The Rock(cannot consider him not no.1)
2)Chris Jericho(i am a jerichoholic)
3)Stone cold( always engrossing me into his promos)
4)HHH(no matter if he's face or heel)
5)the mcmahons(stephanie & vince only).(enuff said)

I wanted to say the undertaker & e&c together but they came close.

Black Widow
07-08-2006, 03:08 PM
1. Eddie Guerrero
2. The Rock
3. Stone Cold
4. Triple H
5. Edge/Carlito

the phenomenal sid
07-08-2006, 06:45 PM
hey sorry man forgot eddie.but i will always remember eddie for his antics than his mic skills.

Death Before Dishonor
07-08-2006, 07:16 PM
The Rock
Chris Jericho
Eddie Guererro
Stone Cold
Triple H

F4L
07-08-2006, 07:31 PM
1.The Rock
2. Chris Jericho
3. John Cena
4. HHH
5. Foley

Anton
07-09-2006, 12:30 PM
#1 for me

he's a wannabe mick foley but heel.. not worth top 5 but hey its ur opinion

same as second part for jbl

hmm i havent decided yet

havent seen his mic work.

My top 5:

1. Rock
2. Stone Cold
3. Chris Jericho
4. Mick Foley
5. Vince Mcmahon

I agree with ya :D

ClayMation
07-11-2006, 01:41 AM
1. The Rock
2. Triple H (when he's not talkin about himself)
3. Edge
4. Chris Jericho
5. Mick Foley

honorable mention - Ultimate Warrior. His mic skills were so ridiculous it was actually entertaining.

Dubbz4president
07-11-2006, 09:22 PM
1. The Rock
2. Stone Cold
3. Mic Foley - I think Foley has cut some really really good interveiws in the past that can't be forgotten
4. HHH -as for the rock, what other superstar could make you love him or hate him in just one interview.
5. Chris Jericho/ or maybe Vince McMahon- its tough, Vince is debatably the greatest heel of all time

dezorr
07-12-2006, 07:09 PM
1. The Rock
2. Triple H (when he's not talkin about himself)
3. Edge
4. Chris Jericho
5. Mick Foley

honorable mention - Ultimate Warrior. His mic skills were so ridiculous it was actually entertaining.
i agree all the way and maybe randy orton

The Lost Soul 13
07-17-2006, 07:44 AM
All of you guys forgot about some chump. 16 time world champ. Possibly the greatest mic worker of all time. He only has 34 years worth of footage. Some guy named Ric Flair?

the phenomenal sid
07-17-2006, 08:31 AM
agreed dude.he i forgot to mention.but he is not in the top 5.top 10 maybe but not top5

scorpionf
07-17-2006, 11:42 AM
1. The Rock
2. Chris Jericho
3. Randy Savage
4. Stone Cold
5. Hulk Hogan / Ric Flair