PDA

View Full Version : An Original Thought - Tommy Dreamer

Black Widow
06-13-2009, 10:08 PM
An Original Thought
Saturday, June 13, 2009, 01:30 PM EST [General]

I just have to go on record and say we did it. I have thank each and every person from the WWE Universe. Your never ending support got me through the most trying time in my life. This was my Oscar, Game seven and Superbowl all wrapped up into one and it became my greatest accomplishment ever.

I can not tell you how many text messages, phone calls and emails I have gotten. The reaction from the WWE Superstars and the amazing WWE staff and production crew that evening was overwhelming. It was such an emotional night and every day is a blessing. To have my name in The New York Daily News as a headline and everyone saying hey Champ or congrats Champ is like reliving the moment all over again every time I hear it.

I would like to take this time to thank some people specifically:

To each and every wrestler that bled, sweat and bumped to pave the way for me. I have been hooked since I was nine years old and still a huge fan. From Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, The Road Warriors to the Legendary Brooklyn Brawler. You all molded my mind and set me on my path.

To Dusty Rhodes. You are the reason I was hooked. You made me belive in my dream. You are my Babe Ruth,Marlon Brando and Joe Montana all wrapped into one.

To Terry Funk. My hardcore mentor. You gave me the greatest advice ever. Your hard work and passion for the business is inspiring.

To WWE Hall of Famer Johnny Rodz. Thanks for training me and giving me the fundamentals for this amazing career.

To Paul Heyman. You gave me the platform to be me and for taking a chance on a good looking kid from Yonkers. You taught me things about this buisness and took me into the studio when that was taboo. Thanks for the lessons.

To Beulah McGillicutty. You stuck by me through it all. I appreciate your dedication to are family.

To Christian. Thanks for being a great champion and giving me the title opportunity.

To Jack Swagger for being a great heel. Your constant jabs at me and wanting everyone to know how good you are have made you my perfect opponent. People love watching me pin you.

Speaking of opponents a special thanks to Raven for showing me that persitance pays off in the end.

To Mick Foley. Your hardcore passion and mind made me want to be better. You proved that someone with and a$$ bigger than mine can be World Champ. Seriously you did alot for me and I will never forget it

Speaking of giant a$$es to the Dudley Boys. Your friendship and constant stealing of the shows is still enjoyable to watch. Wow I just though about Mick, Dudleys and I are all champions at once. The word Heavyweight Champion really applies.

To Danny Davis(OVW) who made me feel like a rookie every Wed. You made me want to better myself when I was down about my career.

To Every ECW Original especially RVD, Sabu, Sandman, Stevie Richards, Balls Mahoney, Danny Doring, crazy Little Guido, Francine, Shane Douglas, Jack Victory, CW Anderson and Sign Guy. I wish we were all together enjoying the road again.

To Joey Styles for calling every ECW match and for being the voice of ECW. I wish I could have heard Oh MY GOD Tommy Dreamer has done it. Though I thought Striker and Josh did a great job

To Taz. My original riding partner. Your misery made for some awesome times.

To all my riding partners. Especially Edge, John Cena,Matt Striker,Hornswoggle, Justin Roberts,Nunzio,Christian, Stevie, Balls, Kelly Kelly, Candice, Victoria. You made the long trips fun.

To Jim Ross, Johnny Ace and Shane McMahon. Your support of the ECW Brand and myself means the world to me.

To My family past and present my dad and grandfather watching from the best seats and being annoyed by Louie Spicolli and having to listen to Test heckle me. My Mom, sister and her family, Grandmother and Aunts and Uncles You all have been there since match one in Gleasons New York and all are my number one fans. Same goes to my life long friends Martian Boy, DeRosa,Scrima, Paul, Big Paulie, Zimny, Petty and the many I have met along the way Ron and Charlie, Mike, suit Mark Carrano, Howard Finkel, Nicole Dorazio,and a special thanks to Ed and Jen for beliving in my dream and their undying support.

To Vince McMahon. Thanks for all the years of entertainment. I am the biggest fan of your hard work for thirty years and thanks for making my dream a reality.

Finally to all the fans. You are called the WWE Universe but I call you my family. It is this simple. Without you there is no me. Thanks for your cheers and support, I couldn't have done it without you

Thanks for reading.

ECW Champion

Tommy Dreamer

DUKE NUKEM
06-13-2009, 10:17 PM
thanks for the post Ryan

John
06-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the news, Ryan :).