PDA

View Full Version : Post-PPV notes: Cro Cop screws Dana White, more

John
06-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Credit: Steve Cofield

Even though he lost to Rich Franklin at UFC 99, Wanderlei Silva got some extra cash since their battle was the Fight of the Night. Other rewards went to Mike Swick for Knockout of the Night and Terry Etim for Submission of the Night.

The event in Cologne, Germany drew 12,800 fans and produced a gate of $1.3 million at an average of just over $100 per ticket.

However, the biggest story was Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic telling UFC president Dana White he didn't want to sign a long-term contract with the company. His claim was that he couldn't because he had already signed a three fight deal with DREAM in Japan.

The following was Dana White's response:

"Isn’t that a dirty (expletive) thing to do?” White asked rhetorically after being queried about Filipovic’s deal with DREAM. “He (expletived) me. The first time in the history of the company I do one over the phone. He promised me a three-fight deal and he (expletived) me.”

Will
06-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Mirko better hope that Japan takes extremely good care of him for the rest of his career, because he will never get a chance at fighting for the ufc again.

Punisher
06-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Goodbye Mirko looks like we wont be seeing you in the US unless its WEC

Will
06-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Goodbye Mirko looks like we wont be seeing you in the US unless its WEC

The WEC is owned by the UFC and its only for fighters 145 or less, so I guarantee he will never fight there. Strikeforce is an option, or Affliction before they go bankrupt. Otherwise he is never coming to the states again.

Punisher
06-22-2009, 03:59 AM
didnt know that WEC is owned by UFC now I feel stupid lol

nicatonga
06-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Stupid! UFC is one of the biggest MMA name.