PDA

View Full Version : Ask WNW - PPVs, Mysterio Unmasked, WWE Buying WCW, Kane

John
06-15-2009, 04:58 PM
With how closely together WWE pay-per-views are scheduled now, do you think it would be better for the WWE to bring back the one brand pay-per-views?

I was against the single branded pay-per-views from the get go and would be against seeing them return. Not every month has two pay-per-views as June is particularly busy because the original plans for Extreme Rules (remember it was One Night Stand to bring ECW back for one night). I understand the point it would allow for longer build to programs but I think the quality of shows suffer. The majority of WWE's audience agrees with me as buyrates were lower when they tried the single brand approach. Also there would be a big problem with what to do with ECW as I doubt there would be much interest in an ECW-only pay-per-view.

On last Friday's edition of SmackDown (June 12th) Chris Jericho said he unmasked Rey Mysterio for the first time. I could be mistaken but wasn't Rey Mysterio unmasked back in WCW?

Yes, Rey Mysterio was unmasked in WCW and actually worked for a period of time without the mask. WWE has a convenient way of forgetting past storylines for current storylines. I'm not against the way they have continued Chris Jericho's heel heat with him unmasking Mysterio. Jericho continues to be one of the most over heels in the business and has gained a ton of momentum yet again.

When WWE bought out WCW, did any of the WCW and WWE superstars have any arguments or tension between each other backstage?

At that point the WCW workers were battling for a job, so no. Many of the workers that were retained by WWE were happy to be under new ownership as things backstage in WCW had been a circus for many years. There were some people who were not retained by WWE because of their relationships with Vince McMahon. You can probably figure out some of them without me naming them as they never came to work for McMahon.

Where has Kane been?

Kane was given time off from WWE to get some rest. He was in India last week on a three-day WWE promotional tour of the country. One of the things I found interesting about his tour was he spent a good amount of time putting over The Great Khali who is very popular in India.

Darth Fozzy
06-15-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm gonna defend the Jericho taking Mysterio's mask off for the first time and say that it is the first time that Mysterio has been unmasked in the WWE.