PDA

View Full Version : Angelina Love Speaks On Her Concussion

John
06-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Phil Strum of the Poughkeepsie Journal has a new interview online with Velvet Sky and Angelina Love. In it, Love discusses the concussion she suffered at TNA's Lockdown pay-per-view in April. Below are quotes from Angelina:

The spot she suffered the injury: When I caught Taylor Wilde's cross-body, I got her hip in my jaw and it knocked my jaw to the left and crushed it and then she landed on my head as well. I was completely knocked out from that minute until I got backstage. I was pretty much carried by four security guards to the trainer's office. I was completely blacked out. I don't even remember winning.

About returning to the ring only a couple of days later: They went easy on me at TV because they knew how hard I was. But then, yeah, you've got to make a living, so I was doing indie shows about five days later. It probably wasn't too safe, but...(laughs).

Her current condition: I'm doing a lot better. I'm doing a lot better. It was really upsetting because I get really worried about head shots and concussions and how much they can affect you in your future. It was very, very upsetting when that happened. I know accidents happen and stuff. My head feels a lot better now. Honestly, it took my jaw about six weeks for me to actually be able to clench my teeth together again and be able to chew hard food and stuff on my left side. But, I'm totally fine now.